Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The war against Grandfather Spider may have begun

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Wizards, I have to say this after reaching the new cliffhanger point by finishing "Back to the Arcanum"...

After defeating The Rat, eldest of Grandfather Spider's Children, in Polaris, Grandfather Spider threatened us to stop meddling in his affairs, otherwise, we would become his hated enemies, & believe you me, Wizards, we already are his hated enemies. And no matter what stops he & his Children will try to place in our way, we will stop him, once and for all, even his Children.

This led me to thinking, it's not completely over yet. I feel that the new war against Grandfather Spider may have just begun, and The Rat's actions are just the tip of the iceberg, if you get the meaning, being that he was in Polaris & such.

Still, I get this feeling that The Rat will prepare itself to exact revenge against us if we face him again one day, since we defeated him & stopped his schemes to destroy the Spiral, & Grandfather Spider will have The Rat ready when his time comes, & if we defeat his other Children, he will prepare them, should the day we face them all again comes someday before the ultimate final battle against Grandfather Spider begins.

Now that we've defeated the eldest of Grandfather Spider's Children, I have no doubts that his other Children, The Bat & The Scorpion, will hear of our victory from their father, and they will prepare for our encounters with them someday.

I have this feeling that we may see The Bat in Empyrea, being that he's a shapeshifting master of illusion & his heart is black as night someday, because it's a spawn of Shadow, literally. No doubt that Child of his will have dark plans in Empyrea, & they're never good.

And even with that, The Scorpion, the master Alchemist & Warlord said to rise from the Sands, will no doubt be in Mirage, because Qismah Sasha said that Mirage is ruled by warlords that squabble over empty sands, & The Scorpion will rise from these desert sands of Mirage and will plan to steal the sun.

We know of Grandfather Spider's Children's darkest intentions, & we know which worlds they're headed after Grandfather Spider mentioned those worlds. It all made sense once learning of his Children from those cave paintings in Zafaria. Knowing them as true spawns of Shadow, they will undergo false aliases to hide their true nature.

Wizards, we have plunged ourselves far deep into the Shadow Spider's war, & it may be just beginning... Count on that. Be ready. This could completely change the Spiral as we know it... forever.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2010
hmm i wonder what that could mean. well here is my opinion, i think given all the worlds we have in the spiral, they will expand, and what i mean when i say that is i think after this is all said and done, we wont have just explored and quested in the spiral. i think it will open up to an entirely different system or world system. If its not that, i think bartleby won't overcome his illness given to him by the cold wind at the graduation ceremony and that bartleby will die causing wizard city to turn from a nice, happy, and majestic place, to a dark, scary, and mysterious place given that wizard city's main source or the thing that holds the place together is dead or wizard city may just fall out of the sky due to bartleby's illness WHO KNOWS? these are just some educated guesses :p lol let me know if you agree or think something else happened

ITS YER BOY- LOGAN BLUEBREEZE

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
lord of winter on Dec 23, 2015 wrote:
hmm i wonder what that could mean. well here is my opinion, i think given all the worlds we have in the spiral, they will expand, and what i mean when i say that is i think after this is all said and done, we wont have just explored and quested in the spiral. i think it will open up to an entirely different system or world system. If its not that, i think bartleby won't overcome his illness given to him by the cold wind at the graduation ceremony and that bartleby will die causing wizard city to turn from a nice, happy, and majestic place, to a dark, scary, and mysterious place given that wizard city's main source or the thing that holds the place together is dead or wizard city may just fall out of the sky due to bartleby's illness WHO KNOWS? these are just some educated guesses :p lol let me know if you agree or think something else happened

ITS YER BOY- LOGAN BLUEBREEZE
Well, from my guesses, Grandfather Spider is a true ancient being of evil & Shadow that was confined for countless millenniums, or so, & he awaited the moment he was free from his confinement.

How else did many of Morganthe's Umbra Legion agents have feared him that made his giveaway, E.G., Lorcan recognizing him quickly?

Nevertheless, he's causing his own series of events that brings the Spiral's complete doom, & his Children, who are also spawns of Shadow , are likely targeting ancient artifacts that ties the Spiral together, & them creating war, empires, towers of cards, & disasters all link to Bartleby's illness, that may no doubt get worse each time Grandfather Spider & his Children cause more evil that makes him more ill, bringing him a step closer to striking where he is at his weakest, bringing more than just Wizard City to doom.

Once The Rat was defeated, Grandfather Spider threatened us to stop meddling in his schemes that may build up to his ultimate plan to destroy the Spiral, & will no doubt inform the rest of his Children about us, & will ready themselves & do everything in their power to halt us from foiling his own Grand Design, whatever it takes, because they are sworn by their creator to destroy the Spiral, & thus, it began our newfound war against Grandfather Spider & maybe pure Shadow itself.

Well, that's what I guess from my perspective, anyway. The Arcanum will no doubt prepare us to strike the moment they do, & the greater sentient beings there will teach us all we need to know about greater & maybe even more ancient threats sworn to destroy the Spiral... & beyond.

We have yet to face Spider's Children, & believe me, they will be more dangerous than The Rat, & Grandfather Spider is even more dark & dangerous if his efforts are thwarted, & it may lead to him doing ultimate drastic measures, & even so... the last battle against him.

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
Warning potential spoilers
---------------------------------------------

I can pretty much see how this will all play out, we will likely fight Spider's Children going from oldest the rat(done) to youngest the bat.

I suspect the next world will be mirage where we probably have a quest to restore the desert star we found towards the end of polaris and will probably work closely with Quisma to start restoring Mirage to its former glory.

I think we may have heard some potential names for the world that follows that but I cant remember them at the moment.

Once we get through all of spiders children there will likely be a final battle similar to Tartarus or Zeus exalted where we fight all of them at once. Followed by fighting spider himself or worse spider and his children team up for a four on four battle for the spiral. (lets hope its not on a timer like our battle with the rat that was terrifying.)

Side note I find it interesting that spider and raven almost made it seem like we have an option for a split path which I doubt KI will ever do but it was a nice touch none the less.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2013
I think that this storyline will go Polaris, Mirage, Tundaria and some other world. Where in the end we will have to fight Grandfather Spider, The Rat, The Scorpion, and The Bat at the same time. Where we will find out what are behind the three doors that are locked in the Arcanum. (The astral scholar, the shadow scholar, even though we already know what she looks like , and the door with the cage over it) I'm hoping now this time we'll get some more help from our schools rather than just spells.

Justin Spellslinger Lvl 110 Necromancer
Malorn Ashthorn Lvl 28 Sorcerer
Jared Starwraith Lvl 28 Conjurer
Jessica Shadowslinger Lvl 22 Thaumaturge
Ethan Stormspear Lvl 22 Pyromancer
Flint Titanflower Lvl 15 Diviner

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
I still think Empyrea may be next. The thought about fighting Grandfather Spider & all his Children had crossed my mind since The Rat was defeated.

However, the cave paintings did depict their real Primal Forms, so I would presume in the last battle with them to come, they will likely become their Primal Forms the moment he & his Children are closer to complete defeat & reach their greatest limits.

Who could imagine seeing The Rat's Primal Form, called Primal Rat?