Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Type of Chat In the Game

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 13, 2011
Ever wanted to leave a message to a friend while they are offline? With a new chat messaging system, you can send several messages to your offline friend. When they get back on, they can read the messages you sent to them and reply.

Explorer
Sep 15, 2012
I agree it's a good idea, also for wizards who have Mailboxes at their homes, I think it would be a great idea to be able to leave people messages at their homes to tell them how awesome you think their home is, or pets are etc.

Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
I agree with this, but it can lead to begging and spam.

Explorer
Nov 17, 2013
To be honest, that would be helpful, but let's be honest, on this other game that I'm active on, I rarely check that inbox.

I hope they focus on things that are more requested, such as more character customization: Hair change, eye change, and please... re-make our wizard bodies. The scholars in the arcanum look so much better! Our wizard hands are all ''stuck'' together.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I do NOT think this should be implemented. It's a waste of server resources. if you want to leave messages for people, do it outside of the game. I know that can be a hard thing to do, i get it, I REALLY do, but what happens when 5 millions users have a full mailbox and it lags the game? No, the game should NEVER be allowed to leave memos, messages, or any other type of text

Survivor
Mar 29, 2010
Dspyre on Nov 30, 2015 wrote:
I agree with this, but it can lead to begging and spam.
I feel exactly the same. In other games where I have in-game mail, mostly I get spam, and my friends only message me through private chat when I'm online.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Survivor
Jun 30, 2015
Good Idea, but what about lag? I mean over a million people are on this game. I think they should make a new type of chat, except less uptight. We should be able to say things like numbers, or use capitalization. And members over 13 should be able to say anything they want, kind of like open chat, except no curse words or innapropriate words. I don't know if Kingsle really feels that trustworthy in kids on the game now. We paid them, so can't they trust us?

Survivor
Jun 10, 2014
MagicSarai on Dec 3, 2015 wrote:
Good Idea, but what about lag? I mean over a million people are on this game. I think they should make a new type of chat, except less uptight. We should be able to say things like numbers, or use capitalization. And members over 13 should be able to say anything they want, kind of like open chat, except no curse words or innapropriate words. I don't know if Kingsle really feels that trustworthy in kids on the game now. We paid them, so can't they trust us?
I completely agree with this I have always problems with things like numbers,
and I have known people who were young and what about if they are over 13, and they play wizard101? Not everybody have a good spelling (if they live in other country's)

Have a nice day!
David Legendhunter

level 45

Explorer
Jul 22, 2015
I think subscribing/crowns only people should have this, and 13+, as well as you can only send 3 messages until the owner of the mailbox replies . This way, it would be a whole ton less laggier and it would fix the spam problem. Anyone agree? -Matthew Swiftflame, Lv. 26 Wizard

Survivor
Feb 21, 2015
eSnowFrost on Nov 30, 2015 wrote:
To be honest, that would be helpful, but let's be honest, on this other game that I'm active on, I rarely check that inbox.

I hope they focus on things that are more requested, such as more character customization: Hair change, eye change, and please... re-make our wizard bodies. The scholars in the arcanum look so much better! Our wizard hands are all ''stuck'' together.
I agree, updating customization of the characters would be great! More hair and eye colors, facial features, wizard body "graduation" from kid to teen or adult (or similar ideas) and new, fluid movements would be fantastic.

Explorer
Jan 15, 2013
Duncan SpiritWard on Nov 29, 2015 wrote:
Ever wanted to leave a message to a friend while they are offline? With a new chat messaging system, you can send several messages to your offline friend. When they get back on, they can read the messages you sent to them and reply.
That sounds amazing! I'd to do that!!!

Defender
Nov 25, 2015
You did mention spamming causes problem.Which leads to your mailbox being full and your computer being crashed.There now that you have it that's the whole idea.