Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Where can i find Wizard101 files

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 10, 2010
I am currently using windows 10, i would like to reset computer to factory settings but i dont want to lose all the items and npcs i have loaded. I have gotten to and beaten polaris so i have everything loaded. I want to know where all this is stored on my computer to move it to an SD card and then put on the computer after the factory reset

Administrator
Hello,

You can search for Wizard101 or Kingsisle Entertainment to find the folder.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Sep 15, 2012
If you rick click on the wizard101 game icon on your desktop there should be an option to open file location. Are those the files you wish to copy over? I can understand not wanting to sit through loading game patch after game patch, or having all the npc quest dialogues pop up on your wizard again lol. Good Luck

Delver
Dec 15, 2009
Jeffery OwlGiver on Nov 29, 2015 wrote:
I am currently using windows 10, i would like to reset computer to factory settings but i dont want to lose all the items and npcs i have loaded. I have gotten to and beaten polaris so i have everything loaded. I want to know where all this is stored on my computer to move it to an SD card and then put on the computer after the factory reset
I am also using Windows 10. It is pretty simple to find the location of all the files. Here are where mine are stored.

C:\ProgramData\KingsIsle Entertainment\Wizard101

If you cannot find it, go to the top URL bar and enter that ^^ and see if it takes you to a page that has folders like "bin" or "Data". If so, you've found the location.

If you cannot, simply right click on the Wizard101 launcher on your desktop and click "Open file location" it will open where all the files are located.

I would advise to go back a page (Go back to ProgramData by clicking it at the top URL) and find the folder named "Kingsisle Entertainment". Add that to the SD card/USB, reset the computer, and put it back in it's place, in the Program Data folder.

If you did this successfully, it should load fast. If you need help just reply to me.

Hunter LifeBreeze Level 79

Survivor
Sep 10, 2010
MalvinHawkRunner on Nov 30, 2015 wrote:
I am also using Windows 10. It is pretty simple to find the location of all the files. Here are where mine are stored.

If you cannot find it, go to the top URL bar and enter that ^^ and see if it takes you to a page that has folders like "bin" or "Data". If so, you've found the location.

If you cannot, simply right click on the Wizard101 launcher on your desktop and click "Open file location" it will open where all the files are located.

I would advise to go back a page (Go back to ProgramData by clicking it at the top URL) and find the folder named "Kingsisle Entertainment". Add that to the SD card/USB, reset the computer, and put it back in it's place, in the Program Data folder.

If you did this successfully, it should load fast. If you need help just reply to me.

Thanks ill tell you how it goes

Survivor
Sep 10, 2010
MalvinHawkRunner on Nov 30, 2015 wrote:

I redownloaded wizard101, removed the kingisle folder, replaced it with the sd one, but it still loads the new downloaded one

Delver
Dec 15, 2009
Jeffery OwlGiver on Dec 3, 2015 wrote:
I redownloaded wizard101, removed the kingisle folder, replaced it with the sd one, but it still loads the new downloaded one
It will still have to load in all the files when you start the game no matter what you do. I don't know any other way around that. If you have to wait for it to be downloaded, then do so.

Hunter LifeBreeze Level 81