Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New critical system has made Life useless

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 24, 2012
I cannot stress this enough:The Life school has become extremely useless thanks to the new critical system. I can go on and on talking about how the Life school has become extremely pointless, but I am going to try and keep this short.

What made Life able to heal a lot more sufficiently and more effectively were critical heals--but now that has been taken away from us. After all, that is what Life wizards are known for, and that is why I chose Life as my main school; I chose Life for its heals. Now, ANYONE can heal just as well as Life wizards can and possibly even better, too. Incoming/Outgoing boosts don't help either, considering that almost all schools have the same total healing boost.

Kingsisle, you are obviously aware of this problem. That is why you added a minor bonus to critical heals; this does not help, however, because critical has been nerfed.

Please bring the old critical system back.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2013
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
And finally, YES!
P.S Wings of fate has a wing in this fact as well.

Explorer
Feb 23, 2012
Angel of Solitude on Nov 19, 2015 wrote:
I cannot stress this enough:The Life school has become extremely useless thanks to the new critical system. I can go on and on talking about how the Life school has become extremely pointless, but I am going to try and keep this short.

What made Life able to heal a lot more sufficiently and more effectively were critical heals--but now that has been taken away from us. After all, that is what Life wizards are known for, and that is why I chose Life as my main school; I chose Life for its heals. Now, ANYONE can heal just as well as Life wizards can and possibly even better, too. Incoming/Outgoing boosts don't help either, considering that almost all schools have the same total healing boost.

Kingsisle, you are obviously aware of this problem. That is why you added a minor bonus to critical heals; this does not help, however, because critical has been nerfed.

exactly, compared to my fire critical hits is how I get most of the job done when doing what ever in one blow, but now I have to worry about when I will actually critical instead of landing which is worst. And knowing life has low rating they wont even be able to even critical as much.

/( on its way knowing this wont be easy)

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
I so agree. I have tested the life critical, and its a mere shadow of what it used to be. My days in the spiral will be drawing to a close, if these issues are not addressed.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
Healing critical calculation should be different than damage towards an opponent.

My heals were so ineffective, I could hardly keep my health up in battles.

Please fix .

Delver
Dec 15, 2009
I wasn't able to critical on anything since the update was here. I had a 24% chance of criting and did a crit every almost every 3 rounds. It went down to 11% and I have never crited since.

The bosses in Avalon critical feels JUST THE SAME as they did before the update.

I used to block a lot of the bosses criticals, but it was reduced from 15% to 6%. Haven't blocked since.

I am fine about the update and the new crit and block system, but it just does NOT look like the BOSSES were effected with it.

Hunter LifeBreeze Level 77

Survivor
Jan 18, 2010
Yes, very unhappy with the new critical calculations.
I have had a critical about 4 out of 5 times, as a life wiz it is a stat i worked very hard to get.
Not happy at all that it is cut so much, and my block is not working well either

Survivor
Nov 13, 2009
Angel of Solitude on Nov 19, 2015 wrote:

Please bring back the old critical system. Its literally does make all our work and all our progress useless. To pay for a game and have it end up where you can't do anything to protect yourself when you have the best gear and pretty good stats is awful. I have a fire wiz that has good gear, and now that you have changed the system she blocks nothing and hardly ever criticals. I know ALOT of people are probably writing about this and I hope you take it into mind. This was a BAD idea and needs to be changed. I've been playing this game since I was 9 and have always enjoyed it but I don't know if I'll be coming back after this . It was way to much work and to much money for you to turn everyone into a complete noobs.