Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rampage is too good at low lvl

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 08, 2014
Burning rampage can not be beaten at low lvl without triage. it makes low lvl extremely unfair because there is no way to tank it when you have 1600 hp. and its not like they need a lot of blades 2 blades and an infallible will kill you for sure and you can not shield against it cause beetle. there needs to be a lvl cap to this spell and do it soon

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
It is easy to beat. I have been hit with it three times in low level pvp, and it hasn't worked yet. Just kill them before it detonates. If they are busy putting up multiple blades, an infallible, pips to cast it, and then waiting 3 turns for it to detonate, they are leaving themselves wide open for an attack. Hit them with low level attacks boosted with a monstrous, and they will be defeated before they can ever cast it.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2014
i think your thinking level 10 and im thinking lvl 30

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Ineedweaver on Nov 16, 2015 wrote:
i think your thinking level 10 and im thinking lvl 30
I was thinking of my level 21 balance actually, but the same theory applies. Allow me to illustrate further:

Turn 1- Opp blades, you cast infallible
Turn 2- Opp blades again, you hit with a monstrous scorpion
Turn 3- Opp casts infallible, you hit with monstrous scarab
Turn 4- Opp casts Burning Rampage, and you use reminder of pips and use Judgement or a monstrous Locust Swarm, and opponent is defeated. And even if they somehow survive the onslaught, you have two more turns before it detonates, and defeats you. That is hardly what I call impossible to defeat.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Intrepidatius on Nov 17, 2015 wrote:
I was thinking of my level 21 balance actually, but the same theory applies. Allow me to illustrate further:

Turn 1- Opp blades, you cast infallible
Turn 2- Opp blades again, you hit with a monstrous scorpion
Turn 3- Opp casts infallible, you hit with monstrous scarab
Turn 4- Opp casts Burning Rampage, and you use reminder of pips and use Judgement or a monstrous Locust Swarm, and opponent is defeated. And even if they somehow survive the onslaught, you have two more turns before it detonates, and defeats you. That is hardly what I call impossible to defeat.
Burning Rampage detonates the round after it is cast-not 2 rounds later.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Eric Stormbringer on Nov 17, 2015 wrote:
Burning Rampage detonates the round after it is cast-not 2 rounds later.
Correct. I was thinking of something else by mistake.

Explorer
Nov 17, 2013
Not only that,

I wish the school-specific shadow spells were no PvP. PvP is really broken because of that.

It requires no strategy. Whoever gets that shadow pip basically won the match. Now, it's even more broken, because people are landing. PvP is supposed to be about strategy, I am losing hope.

So many people have expressed their concern, but I still haven't seen KI make any changes.

Please ban Shadow Spells from PvP!!