Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Darkmoor Troubles

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 15, 2014
Hi everyone
I'm been having big troubles with darkmoor castle,
I think the problem is because i'm Ice
Everyone in Dark-moor wants Life and Storm in their team, because of that no one wants to team with me.
Maybe everyone thinks i have bad armor? I don't know
I have been lucky every known and again by getting a team, but we only survive the first battle then they leave.
I really want new armor because i do admiti don't have the best.
I do feel very left out and forgoten

Also i don't have crowns so i cant buy better armor

Thanks for reading
Lvl: 100 Scarlet SummberBreeze
Lvl: 27 Destiny WillowShade

I do have some of the hades armor and i have darkmoor's robe.
I'm not a big crafter either but it won't hurt to try.
Thank you!

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
Scarlet,

This happened to me the first time I battled in Darkmoor. I don't have crowns gear; it's all crafted, or dropped from bosses. Once people learned I blade, feint, trap, can heal, and have a tank mode with 7,400 health, things changed. What you write about people leaving happens constantly in Darkmoor, sadly. That's not you, that's them (cliche, I know, but true).

My suggestion? Pack elemental blades, sharpened cards, feints (tc or normal), a couple of sprites, craft some amazing gear, run some Rattlebones and Krokopatra exalted duels for dropped gear, and show the players who think ice isn't good enough that ice is, in fact, fantastic. If you'd like some help, my exalted is Erin Dusk Weaver, and I can usually be found in either Kelvin or Lincoln realm.

Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
well of course you cant buy better gear. all of the best gear in the game is farmed for by either bosses or packs. what are you using right now? because if your a good enough tank then they wont mid if your ice.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2014
I might be able to help you out but first I need to know, do you have waterworks or hades gear? If not I recommend you get hades gear if you are having too much trouble. If you have waterworks you should be ok. Second thing is, do you team up or get a team by asking people around outside of the dungeon? I normally use team up. My wizards currently have all the top tier darkmoor gear. I went into the dungeon with waterworks gear for my storm and hades with my life. If you currently are doing all the things I mentioned perhaps you are just having some bad luck with teams. Remember the blame for failure never falls on one person, it's a team effort. Also, do know that you will die during the dungeon. A lot no matter what school/gear you have. What matters is that you are willing to port back in and keep trying. I would recommend that an ice like yourself focuses on shielding your team if you don't already do that, but everyone has their own playstyle.

Keep at it, you will get it eventually. Perhaps you might also want to ask someone you are teaming with what you can do to help out most.

Julia Goldsmith level 100/

Survivor
Nov 15, 2014
Thanks everyone for your advice,
I'll go try some of your ideas
Thanks for the support!!

lvl: 100 Scarlet SummerBreeze
Lvl: 27 Destiny WillowShade

Survivor
Nov 15, 2014
Juligoldy on Nov 3, 2015 wrote:
I might be able to help you out but first I need to know, do you have waterworks or hades gear? If not I recommend you get hades gear if you are having too much trouble. If you have waterworks you should be ok. Second thing is, do you team up or get a team by asking people around outside of the dungeon? I normally use team up. My wizards currently have all the top tier darkmoor gear. I went into the dungeon with waterworks gear for my storm and hades with my life. If you currently are doing all the things I mentioned perhaps you are just having some bad luck with teams. Remember the blame for failure never falls on one person, it's a team effort. Also, do know that you will die during the dungeon. A lot no matter what school/gear you have. What matters is that you are willing to port back in and keep trying. I would recommend that an ice like yourself focuses on shielding your team if you don't already do that, but everyone has their own playstyle.

Keep at it, you will get it eventually. Perhaps you might also want to ask someone you are teaming with what you can do to help out most.

Julia Goldsmith level 100/
Yes I am a biiiig tanker, that's what I've been doing for about half the game, I have been able to do the plant boss [few times i lagged out] and have gotten a good athame from it, i do have darkmoors rob and hat for the previous dungeons [darkmoor part 1/2]
I have been lucky and got threw the dungeon, right after i posted that message, but i would like to farm it a bit to see if i get better armor.

also I have done team up, but every time i do that they either leave or we don't survive the battle. I just want a team that has a life and good attackers at least, and i'm the tank. So we could all farm the dungeon [or plant boss]
But thanks for the information and I'll look more into armor
[I'm still kinda new to armor for this is my first max]
THANKS
Scarlet SummerBreeze
Destiny WillowShade

Survivor
Nov 15, 2014
Snee432 on Nov 3, 2015 wrote:
Scarlet,

This happened to me the first time I battled in Darkmoor. I don't have crowns gear; it's all crafted, or dropped from bosses. Once people learned I blade, feint, trap, can heal, and have a tank mode with 7,400 health, things changed. What you write about people leaving happens constantly in Darkmoor, sadly. That's not you, that's them (cliche, I know, but true).

My suggestion? Pack elemental blades, sharpened cards, feints (tc or normal), a couple of sprites, craft some amazing gear, run some Rattlebones and Krokopatra exalted duels for dropped gear, and show the players who think ice isn't good enough that ice is, in fact, fantastic. If you'd like some help, my exalted is Erin Dusk Weaver, and I can usually be found in either Kelvin or Lincoln realm.
Snee432 / Erin DuskWeaver
I always pack elemental blades, sharpen, potent, feints, and stun resist. for i'm a tanker
I have farmed rattlebones and gotten good shoes from it.
I haven't looked much into crafting [this if my first time running through the game] so I have only gotten up to mooshu crafting sadly.
I'll love to meet you, realm Kelvin?
I might do some more duels like you said for I've seen awesome armor from duels that I think would help me, and I have friends that have many duels.
Thanks for the information and support.

Scarlet SummerBreeze
Destiny WillowShade

Survivor
Sep 13, 2012
I am sorry about your situation Scarlet..

My issue is similar but different.
I had decent stats but not great. I cannot quest in Darkmoor any more. Because of the recent changes. Can the bosses settings please be adjusted to that of the bosses on unicorn way. so that we all can play.
I don't have an issues with anyone wanting to quest with me. I have allot of friends. However, since the updates we have attempted to quest darkmoor 6 times with no success.

Maybe we will get a participation trophy!

I would love to hear how middle of the road wizards that don't have great stats can complete this area. Oh i forgot there is no wizards with great stats anymore.

So I don't know what the answer is. I too would love to complete the darkmoor area. But if doesn't seem that a dungeon should be this hard even if my stronger wizard friends can even complete it.
Peeps maybe the answer is not to have the aspirations to complete the area because for now mine is gone.
Maybe at each signal they can put a button that says, hard, medium, easy, or light weight. Lol.

I'm not happy either. I have a moderate descent wiz that I only quest with now.

Bye peeps happy questing in the areas that is possible to clear.
If not say Hi as you go past me. I will be the wallflower that is just there to watch the people who have great wizards.

Maybe you should try to craft gear. Oh, never mind no gear is good anymore.

cya peeps

Survivor
Nov 15, 2014
MADISON461J on Nov 26, 2015 wrote:
I am sorry about your situation Scarlet..

My issue is similar but different.
I had decent stats but not great. I cannot quest in Darkmoor any more. Because of the recent changes. Can the bosses settings please be adjusted to that of the bosses on unicorn way. so that we all can play.
I don't have an issues with anyone wanting to quest with me. I have allot of friends. However, since the updates we have attempted to quest darkmoor 6 times with no success.

Maybe we will get a participation trophy!

I would love to hear how middle of the road wizards that don't have great stats can complete this area. Oh i forgot there is no wizards with great stats anymore.

So I don't know what the answer is. I too would love to complete the darkmoor area. But if doesn't seem that a dungeon should be this hard even if my stronger wizard friends can even complete it.
Peeps maybe the answer is not to have the aspirations to complete the area because for now mine is gone.
Maybe at each signal they can put a button that says, hard, medium, easy, or light weight. Lol.

I'm not happy either. I have a moderate descent wiz that I only quest with now.

Bye peeps happy questing in the areas that is possible to clear.
If not say Hi as you go past me. I will be the wallflower that is just there to watch the people who have great wizards.

Maybe you should try to craft gear. Oh, never mind no gear is good anymore.

cya peeps
lets just hope someone will join you on that wall.
I believe there is many wallflowers out there in the game. You just need to search for them
Scarlet summerbreeze