Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do you have to complete every single quest?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 18, 2015
Let's say you were a level 10. You still had the mist wood quest, the smiths quest, and the fishing quest. Are you forced to complete every single quest you get? Or can you skip a few?

Survivor
Jul 21, 2015
i think yo don'y have ta beat all them

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Blossominq on Oct 14, 2015 wrote:
Let's say you were a level 10. You still had the mist wood quest, the smiths quest, and the fishing quest. Are you forced to complete every single quest you get? Or can you skip a few?
if you picked it up, yes~ in order to get the quest out of your book, you must complete it. when you complete it is up to you.

if you don't want the quest, don't pick it up. you can't delete quests, and with good reason (otherwise ki's help desk will be inundated with "oops, i deleted my main quest" or "my child/sibling/s.o. deleted my quest because they were mad at me").

-von
exalted

Defender
Dec 31, 2014
All three of those quests are side quests that can be skipped. The only quests you are required to do are story line quests, which is a lot less than half than the amount of quests there actually are. However, I recommend you do the mist wood quest since it's a crafting quest and crafting may be useful later on and the Smiths quest, due to the extra training point you get which you can spend on utilities.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Me? I can't skip anything. If it's in the quest log, I have to do it. That's just how I roll.

You? You can do whatever you like. Stuff will stay in there until you complete it, but it's your choice.

Squire
May 10, 2013
No, you don't.
The only quests you have to do are the Storyline quests.
I'd always keep up with Fishing, Crafting, and Zeke Quests.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2009
To answer your question...
  • Only main world quests are needed to progress.
  • The side quests are for extra xp, gold, ect.
  • Zeke's quests (Smiths, ect.) are also optional but training points become low and few between latter on so I recommend doing them.
Good luck with long journey to max! :)

Stephanie DarkRiver lvl 63
~Wizard 101 Legacy~

Defender
Oct 04, 2010
Hello!
You can skip ALL side quests, as you mentioned. The only quests that require moving on farther in the game is the main story line quests. You can still get to level 100 without doing side quests.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2012
No, you do not have to complete every quest but if you want extra xp or training points then they will come in handy. Hope this helped!

Explorer
Jan 12, 2013
on the last screen that quests are given, there is the option to decline on side quests. Quests that have to be done you can not decline.

Explorer
Jul 13, 2010
You can skip all side quests, if you want to. None of those quests are required to move on, so it is completely up to you. However, if you want to continue with for example crafting, you would have to complete the crafting quest to move on in the crafting quest line.

Also, you cannot delete a quest if you have received it, but you can choose not to do it. It will just stay in your quest book.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
You don't need to complete everything.

Survivor
Jan 09, 2011
You do not have to do every single quest

Explorer
Feb 19, 2012
the answer to your question is NO..... the mist wood is for crafting I would recommend that quest the smiths and what ever zeke wants you to get in the next worlds are for training points which you can use to strengthen your wizard later on and the fishing again for crafting things and to see who can get the big fish there are also contests I believe? correct me if I am wrong but sometimes there are contests for fishing so ya might wanna be ready for those..... me I have 2 exalts one does fish but nothing crazy so I am not ready lol I myself do every quest except zekes

hope I helped and have fun

liam stormbrand
representing
TEAM BRING IT

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
The only quests you're REQUIRED to complete are the story-line quests which allow you to advance in the game's story and enable you to eventually travel to other worlds like Krokotopia, Marleybone etc. The side quests (all of the ones you mentioned are side quests) do not HAVE to be completed but they're beneficial in different ways so it's in your best interest to complete them.

Explorer
Nov 16, 2013
you only have to complete the storyline quest to move on none of which the examples are, but no you don't have to complete them all.hope this helps

dakota dawnheart lvl 48

Explorer
Nov 16, 2013
although to get the quest out of the book you have to complete it but these are all side quests not storyline if you are looking towards krokatopia

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
If you want all the spells for your school, some side quests are required, but not many. For example:

You need the L35 spell quest line finished in order to get the L55 spell quest line
You need the L55 spell quest line finished in order to get the L72 spell quest line
You need the L72 spell quest line finished in order to get the L75 spell quest line

If you want to get the Astral Spells (ignoring any level requirements):

To fix the Sun School obelisk in Three Points, you need to do the Turn Up the Sun quest.
To get the Turn Up the Sun quest, you need to finish Third Star on the Left (to activate the Star Obelisk)
To activate the star obelisk, you need to fix the Sun Obelisk in Drum jungle (Midnight Sun quest)

So, as you can see, some side quests are required to achieve spells. Even if you DONT get the L35, 55, & 72 spells, getting those sun spells make an INSANE difference

Explorer
Nov 11, 2012
If you want it out of your book, finish it. But side quests are optional and main storyline quests are necessary to move on.