Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What crafter levels?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 01, 2013
Is there a listing by crafting level as to what is req'd / becomes available?

Such as: at what level can you craft hats, boots etc...
at what level for T.C.'s
Houses?

If there is such a list, this forum is the place for it

Survivor
Aug 21, 2015
You can buy these crafting stations as early as Krok and put them in your house.

Heres the catch, not only are the recipes for crafting items like hats robes etc in worlds according to their levels but you need to be that type of crafter or the level below sometimes to actually be able to craft them. For example if I wanted to craft a robe I got a recipe from in Zafaria then I would need to be a Legendary Artisan to do so.

The recipes for crafting treasure cards are at Celestia Base Camp. You can just go see the archivist at that point and just buy them instead of crafting.

Crafting an actual castle is in 4 different locations Grizzelheim Celestia Avalon and Azteca

Personal preference is the crafted gear has better stats than some crown and dropped gear (Not much of a farmer) so I believe it is worth doing the crafting quests

Survivor
Feb 01, 2013
That sort of answers the question but not really.

so a novice (Wizard city) should be able to craft all the recipes available in WC be it garb or equipt or what have you.

an apprentice (Krokotopia) should be able to craft all
the recipes available in Krok

Etc...etc...

The recipes in Grizzleheim and Wintertusk would apply to which crafter levels?

I ask this as my main character (myth) is completing all the crafting irregardless simply to be complete, however the follow-up characters will probably not even bother with Zafaria, once is enough for that particular headache.

That said of course there is very good crafting garb and equipt in the later worlds.

Survivor
Aug 21, 2015
Novice Crafter - Finish Wizard City quest
Apprentice Crafter - Finish Krok quest
Initiate Crafter - Finish Marleybone quest
Adept Crafter - Finish Mooshu quest
Master Crafter - Finish Dragonspyre quest
Grandmaster Crafter - Finish Celestia quest
Legendary Artisan - Finish Zafaria quest
Transcendent Crafter - Finish Azteca quest

I am not familiar with crafting Grizzelheim gear but to craft Wintertusk gear you must be level 56 and be a Grandmaster Crafter. This gear I highly recommend because it is so similar to Waterworks gear which you have to farm for at level 60. (Between these two types of gear you really need)

Also becoming a legendary artisan is beneficial if you want to craft certain spells, For Myth Fire and Life the vendor is in Shirataki Temple in Mooshu and shows up after beating the Oni. For Death Ice Storm and Balance the vendor is in Wyrd in Avalon after beating boss. In my opinion it is not worth it but it is an option. Crafting level 70 Aquila gear you need to be a legendary artisan as well.

Overall there are benefits to crafting so pick up all the regents you see and craft away.