Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP Myth & Ice Heals

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
I have stated and replied to several posts in the past about school heal spells in pvp. Some have advocated for heals, while others are against them. What everyone must consider though is balance between the schools. And though the schools themselves are unbalanced in many ways, to exclude Myth & Ice from heals, while every other school has one, is certainly not helping. Therefore I am offering a simple suggestion about each of these schools, with a heal spell that keeps in mind the strengths of that particular school:

1) Golden Fleece (Myth)- pip cost 5 "When cast upon target, it heals 50 ,and removes all negative charms/traps"

2) Last Stand (Ice)- pip cost 6 "When Last Stand is cast upon target, it heals 1 point and adds an invulnerability shield that will negate the damage of 1 entire attack, and then its destroyed.

*** I also think that Balance needs an additional heal spell for group play***

3) Equality- pip cost 6 "When equality is cast, it takes the amount of life force of members team, and distributes it amongst all members equally." Example- you have 4 members on a team, two are dead, the Ice has 3,000 hp and the Balance has 1,000 hp, this equates out to 4,000 life. The balance casts "Equality" and the result is everyone on the team now has 1,000 life each.

*** These are just quick examples of possible spells that I think could be of great strategic value to pvp and pve.***

Survivor
Jun 15, 2015
Intrepidatius on Sep 21, 2015 wrote:
I have stated and replied to several posts in the past about school heal spells in pvp. Some have advocated for heals, while others are against them. What everyone must consider though is balance between the schools. And though the schools themselves are unbalanced in many ways, to exclude Myth & Ice from heals, while every other school has one, is certainly not helping. Therefore I am offering a simple suggestion about each of these schools, with a heal spell that keeps in mind the strengths of that particular school:

1) Golden Fleece (Myth)- pip cost 5 "When cast upon target, it heals 50 ,and removes all negative charms/traps"

2) Last Stand (Ice)- pip cost 6 "When Last Stand is cast upon target, it heals 1 point and adds an invulnerability shield that will negate the damage of 1 entire attack, and then its destroyed.

*** I also think that Balance needs an additional heal spell for group play***

3) Equality- pip cost 6 "When equality is cast, it takes the amount of life force of members team, and distributes it amongst all members equally." Example- you have 4 members on a team, two are dead, the Ice has 3,000 hp and the Balance has 1,000 hp, this equates out to 4,000 life. The balance casts "Equality" and the result is everyone on the team now has 1,000 life each.

*** These are just quick examples of possible spells that I think could be of great strategic value to pvp and pve.***
I think the concept of the Myth and Balance spells are great but the Ice one is pretty worthless .Basically a 6 pip 100% shield. I'd rather use Abominable Weaver and get a 75% and deal over a thousand damage instead, for less pip (unless you count the shadow pip, but I don't since they're so easy to get). In PvP someone could just wand hit it off and in PvE I can't see any reason to use this because of the pip cost, it could be useful for a lot of cheating bosses but it's 6 pips so it's not able to be used while saving up for pips to kill the boss. Only way I'll see this as being useful is if I used Snow Angel and my health is so low I'm about to die, so then the next round I use it (you have to go first) and the boss/player hits me with an attack which now does no damage. Now I just wait for the next round for the DoT to kill. Maybe it's just me, but I see it as a waste of space while the others spells do have of some use. The main thing that confessing me is why does the Myth and Ice spell even give health? It seems as if you want these to be healing spells, but the Myth and Ice wouldn't use used for the heal, it'll be used for the effect. I wouldn't see KI making these a "heal" spell, however running the heal on the Myth would make it a pretty great spell, the only thing about it is that Myth hasn't been known to remove negative charms, seems more like a Storm spell. The closest that Myth gets to removing a negative charm is Earthquake which removes all blades and traps, positive and negative, on the enemy, not an ally. Overall the Balance and Myth spells would be great, but the Ice one has really no use for the pip cost unless you're in a PvP and your opponent is being obvious of when they are going to hit (which again, you'd have to go first). Maybe you could give me some thought of what it could be used for? I also think KI would make the Myth spell a lot higher on pips if they were to make it a real spells. Dimension Shift is worse and costs more pips.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
ChrisIceChrisFire on Sep 22, 2015 wrote:
I think the concept of the Myth and Balance spells are great but the Ice one is pretty worthless .Basically a 6 pip 100% shield. I'd rather use Abominable Weaver and get a 75% and deal over a thousand damage instead, for less pip (unless you count the shadow pip, but I don't since they're so easy to get). In PvP someone could just wand hit it off and in PvE I can't see any reason to use this because of the pip cost, it could be useful for a lot of cheating bosses but it's 6 pips so it's not able to be used while saving up for pips to kill the boss. Only way I'll see this as being useful is if I used Snow Angel and my health is so low I'm about to die, so then the next round I use it (you have to go first) and the boss/player hits me with an attack which now does no damage. Now I just wait for the next round for the DoT to kill. Maybe it's just me, but I see it as a waste of space while the others spells do have of some use. The main thing that confessing me is why does the Myth and Ice spell even give health? It seems as if you want these to be healing spells, but the Myth and Ice wouldn't use used for the heal, it'll be used for the effect. I wouldn't see KI making these a "heal" spell, however running the heal on the Myth would make it a pretty great spell, the only thing about it is that Myth hasn't been known to remove negative charms, seems more like a Storm spell. The closest that Myth gets to removing a negative charm is Earthquake which removes all blades and traps, positive and negative, on the enemy, not an ally. Overall the Balance and Myth spells would be great, but the Ice one has really no use for the pip cost unless you're in a PvP and your opponent is being obvious of when they are going to hit (which again, you'd have to go first). Maybe you could give me some thought of what it could be used for? I also think KI would make the Myth spell a lot higher on pips if they were to make it a real spells. Dimension Shift is worse and costs more pips.
ice not worthless (ice do have heal) use death spell others then life spell for extra heal can't use life spell vs life dispel spammer (just did 2v2 ice/life vs death/life) ice/life won vs death/life so, death/life was waiting for life to flee on ice on (ice/life vs death/life all had guardian spirit)

so, yes ice/myth both need heal but ice be more useful heal using jade gear (not vs fire/storm) ice healing spell I want more useful for ice unless made healing spell to remove stun block into heal?