Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gold for Crowns?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 30, 2009
I know this idea may be a little far fetched, but since there is crowns for gold why isn't it vice-versa. I have loads of gold on my wizards that I could spend to get crowns.

I understand why KingsIsle will not do it, but I would like them to see if they can.

Brian FireHand

Explorer
Jul 04, 2015
Crowns is the premium currency, they can be used to speed up or enhance your game in the form of elixirs among other things.

Gold is very common and very easy to obtain, unless the exchange rate is something steep like 300k:50 Gold:Crown, then maybe.

I'm personally alright with how that aspect of game is right now.
I don't believe it needs alterating.

Survivor
Nov 12, 2009
I can't see KI EVER doing something like this. And if they do, it'll probably be something like 50,000 gold for 50 crowns...

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Crowns represent real money. KI already gives players up to 40,000 free crowns a year from trivia. Gold is completely worthless. Gold is far too plentiful to be allowed to be traded for crowns. I need to spend/throw away 200k gold at least once a day just to be able to sell gear to clean pack. If they did this, they would lose massive amounts of money. There'd be no reason to ever buy membership or crowns. By making everything free, you'd basically ensure that the game dies.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
To paraphrase:
'Do you want bots? Because this is how you get bots!'

that or sweatshop operators.

most mmos have a few, but do this and there will be an infestation. clogging up the server, flooding the bazaar so that normal folks can't sell anything for more than an npc would buy it for.

KI has arranged things so that botting is much less profitable than in other games, but those measures wouldn't stand up to being able to trade gold for crowns.

Defender
Feb 08, 2009
Would never happen, unless KI increased the gold limit to 999,999,999 or something like that. Then for 10,000,000 gold you could get maybe 25-50 crowns (nontransferable). KI could add a limit by saying a max of 10 transfers a day and could limit non subscribers to 1M gold cap. (Rest could be stored in bank if membership expired).

Explorer
May 30, 2009
I know they won't do it, I just thought why not vice-versa. I see you guy's point though.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
It is good that you brought up the subject. Most people never post at all. Unanswered questions can lead to resentment. this thread has probably answered many people who, for whatever reason, would never have asked.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2014
It will be cool and if you can get 1000 crowns for 300000 gold but they will NEVER add this.