Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Jotun and Ullik are TOO HARD!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 03, 2010
Hey there everyone! Hannah Goldenriver here. I want to talk about... Ullik and Jotun, in the Hall of Valor.
I'm a level 50 sorcerer. My friend who came in with me is a level 51 Neromancer.
Our plan was to grab high treasure cards, and, when one of us dies, flee, take a potion, and then teleport back in.
It worked fairly well, although I died over 3 times, and ported out 3 also. Well, not really my problem.

Jotun has 9,000 health. Ullik has 8,000. I'm overleveled for Grizzleheim, however for maybe level 40s, this is actually
way too hard for them. They probably didn't think of my idea, however it's too hard.
They cast minimal healing spells which is okay, but they are IMMUNE to stuns in Grizzleheim.
They can do devastating attacks, dont get me started on that annoying tempest.

So, in conclusion, those two bosses, INCLUDING a minion, is very, very hard. Even if I brought another wizard in with me, we would still have trouble. I know, I'm in Celestia, but who can agree with me? It's absolutely crazy.

Hannah GoldenRiver
Level 50

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Hannah GoldenRiver on Sep 16, 2015 wrote:
Hey there everyone! Hannah Goldenriver here. I want to talk about... Ullik and Jotun, in the Hall of Valor.
I'm a level 50 sorcerer. My friend who came in with me is a level 51 Neromancer.
Our plan was to grab high treasure cards, and, when one of us dies, flee, take a potion, and then teleport back in.
It worked fairly well, although I died over 3 times, and ported out 3 also. Well, not really my problem.

Jotun has 9,000 health. Ullik has 8,000. I'm overleveled for Grizzleheim, however for maybe level 40s, this is actually
way too hard for them. They probably didn't think of my idea, however it's too hard.
They cast minimal healing spells which is okay, but they are IMMUNE to stuns in Grizzleheim.

So, in conclusion, those two bosses, INCLUDING a minion, is very, very hard. Even if I brought another wizard in with me, we would still have trouble. I know, I'm in Celestia, but who can agree with me? It's absolutely crazy.

Hannah GoldenRiver
Level 50
FYI - if you take the time to defeat Jotun's brothers in the right and left rooms before you go into the center door, you will only have to face Jotun with one minion in the final battle. It's time consuming but it definitely makes the final battle a lot easier. Also, if you're doing the side quest for the Yardbirds you're going to have to go into one of those adjacent rooms anyway. Doing it this way it's possible to solo it at your level. Tough, but possible.

Explorer
Jul 04, 2015
I made the same rookie error until my wife told me about it.
There's nothing really that points directly to it, but clearing the other two instances to the left and right will allow you to fight Jotun without his bros

Explorer
Sep 15, 2015
I completely agree!!!! I first attempted it at level 40 with another random person who was standing there who was also level 40 and we both died extremely quickly!! I had just unlocked Dragonspyre so the highest health boss I defeated was the Jade Oni with 7,500 which I did with the help of a level 55 friend and jade Oni didn't have any minions! I'm now level 42 and I've tried this quest two other times and eventually decided to wait until after Dragonspyre and malastaire because these guys are so hard!!!

Survivor
Sep 04, 2015
I defeated ullik and the 3 minions but it wont let me out why do I have to kill everyone that's in here?? pls help if you know the answer

Defender
Mar 10, 2014
Hannah GoldenRiver on Sep 16, 2015 wrote:

Hannah GoldenRiver
Level 50
i would get a level 100 friend to go with you or go do the 2 other dungeons before you do the hall of valor. PS. those three dungeons and the room there in are my favorite place in the spiral.

Survivor
Feb 01, 2013
A storm and I fought all four while around level 50 each,

it was a bear and we both would flee, heal and return while the other kept fighting

it can be done, but I have defeated the two brothers first every time since then.