Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ultra Pet Jewel Question

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 14, 2014
So I equipped a pet jewel called Brilliant that increases pet intelligence ....once I trained to Max Intelligence my wizard stats did not change at all....is this normal?

Survivor
Jan 14, 2014
Also, I just found this out the hard way...one you affix a jewel to a pet you cannot put it in shared bank for another wizard...wonderful just had to shatter a great ultra jewel....ugh...

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
morgrim1981 on Sep 9, 2015 wrote:
So I equipped a pet jewel called Brilliant that increases pet intelligence ....once I trained to Max Intelligence my wizard stats did not change at all....is this normal?
What that type of jewel does is increase the maximum intelligence to which you can train your pet. It won't show any immediate, visible improvement because all it's doing is making it possible for you to train the pet to a higher intelligence, not adding to what you've already trained. Like if you're pouring water into a bucket and then all of a sudden the bucket gets bigger... it doesn't change the amount of water you've poured into the bucket, it makes it so you have to pour a larger amount of water in the bucket to fill it to maximum.
If you had the pet maxed out in intelligence (say it was 200) and you added the jewel (say it was +50), it would then allow you to continue training the pet an additional 50 points to the new maximum of 250. Whether this is going to have any positive effects on the pet depends on whether the talents your pet has are affected by intelligence.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
If none of your pet's talents are affected by Intelligence, it's normal.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
I have noticed that some talents only increase at a certain amount. Some add a percent every fifty points.
if your pet has 150 intelligence and the intelligence based talent gives 5% you may need 50 more points in intelligence for that 5% to become 6%. If your jewel only grants 25 points then it will do nothing for you.

The gem itself isn't totally worthless, if you breed pets sometimes the result will have different stats. so your pets child or great great great grand child may have 175 intelligence, and socketing a 25 point jewel will give it just enough to get that extra 1%, if it ever learns that skill.