Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The option to change face,hair and name

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 23, 2013
  1. Kingsisle is it possible for you guys to create a shop were wizards can change their name,hair and face? Like how it,is In the beginning of the game. I think it would be really popular because so many people have been saying the same thing. I guess when I first made my character I didn't really care what he look liked but now his face and name is starting to annoy me and I really don't want to start over because of this. It's sorta sad how our pets can have a name change but we can't and I feel like the face and hair change would help not just me but other wizards as well. If this shop was to be made the shop owner should be a moon surgeon or teacher since the moon school is mainly focused on shape shifting.

Defender
Dec 15, 2013
I totally agree with you. But how will our friends recognize us if we changed our name, face,and hair.

Survivor
Feb 23, 2013
kane fireblood on Sep 9, 2015 wrote:
I totally agree with you. But how will our friends recognize us if we changed our name, face,and hair.
Good question I had another idea when it came to that. In our spell book, you would have a message/update section that keeps you updated with your friends for example, if your friend made it to lvl 20 you would have a message saying that, example: "lily goldstar is now lvl 20", and if you got a name and/or face change you would also get a message for that example: "Jordan lifeblood changed his his name to Jack Frost". Or "jordan lifeblood got a face change"

Defender
Dec 15, 2013
oh ok. one last question, lets say we did not see the message at first, will the message vanish or still stay there?

Explorer
Jan 27, 2013
Jordan074t on Sep 10, 2015 wrote:
Good question I had another idea when it came to that. In our spell book, you would have a message/update section that keeps you updated with your friends for example, if your friend made it to lvl 20 you would have a message saying that, example: "lily goldstar is now lvl 20", and if you got a name and/or face change you would also get a message for that example: "Jordan lifeblood changed his his name to Jack Frost". Or "jordan lifeblood got a face change"
That would be a good idea. Except for one small thing. For those wizards that power level, in other words, level up really fast, their friends are gonna get spammed with those messages. Besides, wouldn't you recognize your friends with their name highlighted?

Survivor
Jan 23, 2015
I agree with being able to change your features, but disagree with being able to change your name.

Survivor
Feb 23, 2013
kane fireblood on Sep 11, 2015 wrote:
oh ok. one last question, lets say we did not see the message at first, will the message vanish or still stay there?
If you got a message about your friend leveling up it wouldn't last long, probably for a day or so.
But if you got a message about your friend changing his name or face it would last at least 30 days. Both will be temporarily so it won't accumulate over the years.

Survivor
Feb 23, 2013
Merfolura on Sep 13, 2015 wrote:
That would be a good idea. Except for one small thing. For those wizards that power level, in other words, level up really fast, their friends are gonna get spammed with those messages. Besides, wouldn't you recognize your friends with their name highlighted?
I know that could be a bug and a bit annoying if that happens. For that case there would be a mute icon in your settings where you don't won't to see that notification. For example let's say your friend leveled up every two hours (if that's possible) and you start to get annoyed, you could go to your settings and press the mute icon that will stop sending you friend leveling up notifications. If you didn't want any nonifactins or messages talking about your friends and their updates there will be a mute icon for that as well.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Appearance I don't see any issues with being changeable, I don't think names should be allowed to be changed though. This is a family game with a lot of children playing. Name changes just opens up a can of worms not only for keeping track of friends but also for keeping away from certain people.