Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

You Become the Teacher!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 28, 2012
I think it's time that we finish being mere students in the spiral and become teachers in the spiral! We would be given a quest at a certain level or something and after we finish that quest we would go to Ambrose for him to grant us the "Teacher" status!

Leveling
As a teacher you will unlock a new level system that is unique to teachers and has no cap.

each time you will gain a teacher level it will ,first of all, increase your basic school flat stats!. For example if you are a fire wizard you gain +1 flat fire attack and fire defense to your basic stats! (I know I always thought that as a fire wizard I should have a good fire resist as a basic stat)

New Item type: Tomes
Now that you are a teacher, you will unlock a new Tome item slot.
Tomes will increase your stats but will also grant you a unique spell that will act as a permanent spell! For example, If I got a new Fire Bats tome, for as long as that tome is equipped I will be able to use Fire Bats as a permanent spell (Enchant, put in copies, etc).
*Some Tomes will be school specific

Gaining teacher xp
To gain teacher xp you will need to... well, teach! Once you get the "Teacher" status, you will be granted a new housing item. Once you interact with that item you will choose a level range to help (1-20, 21-40, etc...) and will be teleported to a wizard in need of help with a quest.
Once there, you will enter a helping ghost mode:
You will no be able to move (only jump) and will follow the student automatically everywhere!
At battles, you will not enter the battle yourself, you will just advise the student on how you think he should play! you will be able to interact with the cards the students get and your interacting will leave marks on the cards so the student knows what you recommend to do. for example, discarding a card will put an 'X' mark on it, using a card on another player will put that player's battle location symbol on the card, etc.

You will gain 10% xp for every progress your student make in the quest and the total quest xp once the quest is done!
For example, I choose to help a wizard and get assigned to a quest you need to get 4 items as a drop. So I will get 720 xp in total (600 for the quest and 30 for each monster)

Titles
As you help more students out, you will unlock Teacher Titles:

Get the teacher statues: "Adviser"
help 100 student: "Tutor"
help 500 students: "Teacher"
help 1000 students: "Professor"

So what do you students think? Is it time to become teachers? What would you like to be able to do as a teacher? Do you like this idea? Do you have any improvement suggestions to it? Please post your thoughts

Defender
Dec 05, 2013
Hello, I am not sure about the whole teacher idea. I hear Polaris is coming out and I wouldn't be able to do it if i was a teacher.

However on a different note, I absolutely love your tombs idea! I would love to be able to add certain cards that are only tc's to my deck! I really like the tombs idea, it's brilliant!

Survivor
Apr 17, 2015
Ian Dragonpyre on Sep 4, 2015 wrote:
I think it's time that we finish being mere students in the spiral and become teachers in the spiral! We would be given a quest at a certain level or something and after we finish that quest we would go to Ambrose for him to grant us the "Teacher" status!

Leveling
As a teacher you will unlock a new level system that is unique to teachers and has no cap.

each time you will gain a teacher level it will ,first of all, increase your basic school flat stats!. For example if you are a fire wizard you gain +1 flat fire attack and fire defense to your basic stats! (I know I always thought that as a fire wizard I should have a good fire resist as a basic stat)

Tomes will increase your stats but will also grant you a unique spell that will act as a permanent spell! For example, If I got a new Fire Bats tome, for as long as that tome is equipped I will be able to use Fire Bats as a permanent spell (Enchant, put in copies, etc).

Gaining teacher xp
To gain teacher xp you will need to... well, teach! Once you get the "Teacher" status, you will be granted a new housing item. Once you interact with that item you will choose a level range to help (1-20, 21-40, etc...) and will be teleported to a wizard in need of help with a quest.
You will no be able to move (only jump) and will follow the student automatically everywhere!
At battles, you will not enter the battle yourself, you will just advise the student on how you think he should play! you will be able to interact with the cards the students get and your interacting will leave marks on the cards so the student knows what you recommend to do. for example, discarding a card will put an 'X' mark on it, using a card on another player will put that player's battle location symbol on the card, etc.

You will gain 10% xp for every progress your student make in the quest and the total quest xp once the quest is done!
For example, I choose to help a wizard and get assigned to a quest you need to get 4 items as a drop. So I will get 720 xp in total (600 for the quest and 30 for each monster)

Titles

So what do you students think? Is it time to become teachers? What would you like to be able to do as a teacher? Do you like this idea? Do you have any improvement suggestions to it? Please post your thoughts
Amazing idea i love it. The level you would get the quest at should be lvl 100 also known as max lvl.

Explorer
Oct 14, 2008
i like this teacher idea and if KI wanted to they could implement this to co coincide with the rest of the worlds but make your teacher ranking a separate rank! A rank that would be easier to navigate along the lines of for example , if you help a wizard out with info on something maybe there could be a menu the new wizards could click on. They could then select the subject you helped them in by selecting from an assortment of bubbles. The bubbles could be for , housing , gardening , questing , excreta. Then that rank could go into effect of us max level wizards getting special unlock spells which we could use to teach other wizards. for example , a spell to give someone plus 5 attack power or plus ten pip intake :) then there could be glamour spells we could teach other wizards such as special dances , or emotes. maybe a cool one that temporarily dyes their clothing a different color with their permission.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
So there'd be no cap? I'll just do this enough and be practically immune to my own school, right? Because that's totally healthy for the game. No, just no. It's really not necessary, and makes absolutely no sense story-wise. Let's just make thousands of teens teachers for no apparent reason!

Explorer
Nov 11, 2012
I think becoming a teacher is going a little too far... I think tomes would be a nice addition to the game though.

Explorer
Jan 28, 2012
lewski on Sep 9, 2015 wrote:
So there'd be no cap? I'll just do this enough and be practically immune to my own school, right? Because that's totally healthy for the game. No, just no. It's really not necessary, and makes absolutely no sense story-wise. Let's just make thousands of teens teachers for no apparent reason!
Well, if you would read carefully, you will notice that I wrote that it would contribute to flat stats and not percent stats. so even if you get 100 teacher level (and that should be hard for someone to get) you will not be immune, you will remove 100 hit points from incoming attacks. if you think about it, that's nowhere near being immune. I actually thought about this idea a lot so please read it carefully.

Explorer
Jan 28, 2012
XaZeRs on Sep 6, 2015 wrote:
Hello, I am not sure about the whole teacher idea. I hear Polaris is coming out and I wouldn't be able to do it if i was a teacher.

However on a different note, I absolutely love your tombs idea! I would love to be able to add certain cards that are only tc's to my deck! I really like the tombs idea, it's brilliant!
You should not worry about that. If they will decide to implement this idea into the game it will take a lot of time for them to release it. It will come out a lot after you will complete Polaris (Maybe even after the release of the world that will come after Polaris)

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Ian Dragonpyre on Sep 13, 2015 wrote:
Well, if you would read carefully, you will notice that I wrote that it would contribute to flat stats and not percent stats. so even if you get 100 teacher level (and that should be hard for someone to get) you will not be immune, you will remove 100 hit points from incoming attacks. if you think about it, that's nowhere near being immune. I actually thought about this idea a lot so please read it carefully.
I know what you meant, but flat reduction, when uncapped, still has the potential to render you virtually immune to damage.

Defender
Dec 05, 2013
Ian Dragonpyre on Sep 13, 2015 wrote:
You should not worry about that. If they will decide to implement this idea into the game it will take a lot of time for them to release it. It will come out a lot after you will complete Polaris (Maybe even after the release of the world that will come after Polaris)
Yeah ok, either way not sure of this whole idea.

But, please do post another form all about your tombs idea! Really love that one!

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
I don't really like the teacher idea. Would some players appreciate a hand developing strategy when they're first starting out? Absolutely. But I don't think this is the way to do it. There's going to be a limited pool of players who would request the help of a "teacher", which means there's going to be limited opportunity to everybody to take advantage of the XP system.

I've got 12 wizards ranging in level from 90 - 100. How many "teachers" do you think I'm going to hire to tell me how to play my cards? A lot of low level wizards aren't going to be inexperienced players that would utilize this system neither. Level isn't always an indicator of skill, it's just a progress marker.

I think most people looking for help from other players would prefer another wizard by their side casting spells rather than just having someone behind the scenes marking suggested plays on their cards.

Defender
Mar 31, 2014
I think there's team up if someone needs help...

you will just advise the student on how you think he should play! you will be able to interact with the cards the students get and your interacting will leave marks on the cards so the student knows what you recommend to do.

I don't think people want to be taught like that, or tell them which cards to play... and I mean they're probably better than their teacher cuz they know their stats, deck much better - you have to know all that to be able to select cards properly, etc especially vs tougher bosses. And people need more real help with 'team up' rather than someone telling them which cards to select during a match.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
Nice idea and it helps younger players learn while getting members to interact. I love it.

Defender
Feb 27, 2015
Ian Dragonpyre on Sep 4, 2015 wrote:

Leveling

Gaining teacher xp

Titles

good idea.... but i think it would ruin the point of being a student in this game and trying to stop malistaire

Survivor
Mar 25, 2014
In my opinion, I think becoming a teacher etc. , is a great idea but it seems like your taking Wizard101 to a new level. It would make the game way more difficult, imo, and very overpowered. Also with the thought of Polaris coming in too. But it also encourages starters to gaze upon the mighty high wizards that are claimed as a teacher etc. Also again, most people will be screaming out for teachers to help yet in my opinion I don't think their will be many on hand to help otherwise their helping someone else or inactive. The tome idea is wonderful though! But don't you think that's possibly alike, linked, to the jewel system? As most wizards have said, the helping strategy is just alike to the "Team Up" strategy, it also reminds me of the badges you can receive from helping people in need such as, Team Leader & Team Player. As I have said, making the flat stats will be making Wizard101 way to OP as also the new Darkmoor gear is also making it impossible to PvP as an exalted. Yet, I'm not dissing the idea!!
Love the thoughts,
xox

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
annaxh on Sep 28, 2015 wrote:
good idea.... but i think it would ruin the point of being a student in this game and trying to stop malistaire
well, actually you would get the quest at level 100, and by then you will have deafeated malistaire.this idea of becoming the teacher can be a third story arc,maybe?I dont know, but anyway by then you will already have deafeated malistaire before you became the teacher.All in all, it wont ruin the point of trying to stop malistaire.