Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Little Mackerel

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
I've been trying to catch a Little Mackerel since the update and still no luck. From what I've seen it's supposed to be a Balance fish living in the District of the Stars. The only area I've found for fishing there is next to the Archivist. Has anyone had any luck with this one? Is there a fishing area in DotS that I've missed? I sure would like to add this one to my collection.
Thanks.

Explorer
Jan 12, 2013
TucsonWizard on Aug 11, 2015 wrote:
I've been trying to catch a Little Mackerel since the update and still no luck. From what I've seen it's supposed to be a Balance fish living in the District of the Stars. The only area I've found for fishing there is next to the Archivist. Has anyone had any luck with this one? Is there a fishing area in DotS that I've missed? I sure would like to add this one to my collection.
Thanks.
That's the only spot. The way I caught mine was using scaring away all but balance, and using the show rank 1 fish. If there was one that isn't rank one, that is your mackerel. It may seem like it uses a lot of energy, but it's quicker and more energy efficient than catching all the other balance fish that are there.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Steven Hawk on Aug 11, 2015 wrote:
That's the only spot. The way I caught mine was using scaring away all but balance, and using the show rank 1 fish. If there was one that isn't rank one, that is your mackerel. It may seem like it uses a lot of energy, but it's quicker and more energy efficient than catching all the other balance fish that are there.
Thanks for the heads up. I've been using the same method and have burned through about a thousand energy so far. At least I now know I haven't been wasting my time in the wrong place.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Yeah, that's the way to do it. I've caught that little sucker on all 12 of my wizards now.

I'm trying to figure out if there's a time frame where it's easier to find some of these rare fish. The other day I was just hammering Undead Spyre Eels, Sam Bass, and Purple Grunions all within an hour, but I've only caught like 2 in total (not each, 1 USE and 1 PG) of those in the past couple of days. Same thing was happening with the Little Mackerels and Jaws when I was working on catching them a couple of weeks ago. It seemed like it was around noon local time when I've had the best luck having the rare and epic fish spawn.

I'm getting pumped. I'm 13 unique catches away from having all 12 of my wizards having caught 1 of every available fish again. 6 of them have all 122, but as I say, it's been rough the past couple of days. A lot of wasted energy. I'll see what tomorrow brings.