Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Anyone have tips for fast pet training?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 20, 2012
Ive recently trying to get a good pet but it takes forever and i feel behind since im level 80 and i want to train them fast so i dont spend an hour just getting pets to epic,ancient,or mega...

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
Set up a garden of about 12 couch potatoes. After you get your first elder harvest, replant them. They always reseed. Now you have a bunch of mega snacks. What I do when raising a pet is use rank 6 or 7 snacks up until adult, then I start using 25 xp ones until epic. Then 30 or higher until mega. I do it that way because each level has a different energy requirement and I never have enough of the really good mega snacks.

Also when questing, feed your pet unwanted gear. Sometimes, you get free pet xp.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Steven CrowShield on Aug 7, 2015 wrote:
Ive recently trying to get a good pet but it takes forever and i feel behind since im level 80 and i want to train them fast so i dont spend an hour just getting pets to epic,ancient,or mega...
Mega Snacks

Survivor
Jun 20, 2012
Survivor
Jul 03, 2013
Alot of people have this problem,use mega snacks. gardening is by far the best way as couch potatoes will almost always drop mega snacks if you have patience. There rank 3 and you can get them from splithoof barbarians so you shouldnt have much trouble

Survivor
Jun 20, 2012
Sorry but your wrong i just checked the wiki they arent auctionable at the bazzar...

Survivor
Jul 03, 2013
Sorry but your wrong i just checked the wiki they arent auctionable at the bazzar...
strange, thats were I got them. must've just been a bug

Survivor
Jul 03, 2013
anyway you can also get them form splithoof barbarians, which should be easy for your level

Survivor
Jun 20, 2012
Delver
Aug 31, 2012
Thanks to the release of the ultra dungeons, pet training becomes much faster. You can get all of the ultra dungeons from Jade Oni, or the Rattlebones one from Rattlebones if you don't have a membership or crowns. Each time you successfully complete an ultra dungeon, you will always get a mega snack and an ultra seed. All ultra seeds almost always drop mega snacks at each harvest. So farming a lot of ultra dungeons, and gardening will get you a lot of mega snacks in the end. I have 50+ mega snacks thanks to my ultra garden and the ultra dungeons.

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
1. Garden
2. Grub Guardian

Survivor
Jan 13, 2014
I'd pay crowns to just instantly level pets to Mega or Ultra after all abilities are maxed. Seriously. An elixir for 3000 gems or something.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Scooter1369 on Aug 19, 2015 wrote:
I'd pay crowns to just instantly level pets to Mega or Ultra after all abilities are maxed. Seriously. An elixir for 3000 gems or something.
It would have to be more expensive than that to be fair. Training to Mega and then to Ultra takes 80-100 Mega Snacks & 3-4 Elixirs. Those alone cost ~36,000 crowns. If you want to skip all the effort it should cost more than it does for someone working for it.

Survivor
Jan 13, 2014
seethe42 on Aug 19, 2015 wrote:
It would have to be more expensive than that to be fair. Training to Mega and then to Ultra takes 80-100 Mega Snacks & 3-4 Elixirs. Those alone cost ~36,000 crowns. If you want to skip all the effort it should cost more than it does for someone working for it.
Then make it that expensive. I'd pay it

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Scooter1369 on Sep 14, 2015 wrote:
Then make it that expensive. I'd pay it
The question then arises... when you pay your 36,000+ Crowns for instant Mega pet level are you going to expect a refund when the pet manifests nothing but selfish talents? You could end up with a very expensive hood ornament!

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
Get a lot of gold farming Halfang in Vestrilund, then buy shanta pudding snacks in the bazaar. They grant decent xp and you can consumpt them fast with the dancing pet game.

Rehatch your pet at ancient level a few times to clear bad talents from gene pool.

Survivor
Sep 10, 2015
I Think you should just buy one of those Mega Snack packs in the Crown Shop. they give you snacks that can add 50 experience to your pet, and you get 7 different snacks!

Squire
May 10, 2013
Kayla LifeWizard on Sep 27, 2015 wrote:
I Think you should just buy one of those Mega Snack packs in the Crown Shop. they give you snacks that can add 50 experience to your pet, and you get 7 different snacks!
Yeah, true.
First of all, there is only you get a chance of getting a Rank 9 snack.
Now that I am getting better with fishing, I am doing the method of crafting mega snacks.
You can craft rank 8-9 snacks. Rank 9 snacks are really good, so here is where you can get them:

You can get the Mystic Dragon Fruit (rank 9 myth snack) as a recipe in the Dragonspyre Pet Shop.
You can get the Captain Cantelope (Rank 9 death snack) as a recipe in the Survey Camp in Celestia.
You can get the Cherry Tomatoes (Rank 9 Life snack) as a recipe in the Wizard City Pet Snack Shop in Pet Pavilion.
Here is the hard part for some people. It involves fishing.
I personally think the Captain Cantelope is the easiest, as the fish required for Cherry Tomato is Epic, which is very rare.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
build a good garden with couch potatoes and evil magma peas. these plants re-seed themselves, and provide lots of mega snacks at harvest time, as well as other TC's that you can use or sell. To maximize your garden learn how to stack garden plots -- go to youtube or ask someone here to teach you if you don't know how.

If you play the pet games in the pavilion, do one you can master every time. I do the maze myself, and can always max out points. That adds 4 points each time, which over time adds up. Others prefer to do the grubb guardian game online (I think it is wizard101 central?). this can get mind-numbing.

If you have crowns, buy the couch potatoes or magma peas, rather than the snack packs. the plants pay for themselves over time because you can replant again and again, for an endless supply of mega snacks; the snack packs are expensive and one-use only.

This article at Duelist101 is very helpful on how to develop good pets efficiently: http://www.duelist101.com/other-w101-guides/w101-pet-guides/perfect-pvp-pets-part-1/