Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Some ''No Trade Items'' - A bit Ridiculous?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 01, 2014
I understand that some items are made no trade for a reason - so that you have to farm on characters multiple times to get what you want/ have them get up to a good crafting level etc.

But I think there should be a limit... Take my problem for example:
I have had one crafting character, I spent weeks getting him up to ''Promethean Crafter'' and I was chuffed when I did so (This took so long so I decided to not do it on the others.) But I have made a silly mistake. I have crafted a ''No Trade'' item on my balance, for my storm. I have spent so long getting reagents for the item. I am gutted that I now notice I can't transfer it! (Just a note, it's one of the Darkmoor decks and I think we should be able to trade anything to our own characters freely? as it is only going to effectively one person)

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
I really feel all craftable gear should be tradeable. But there should be reasonable level limits so young wizards can't use gear way more powerful than normally available for their level.

Explorer
Jun 06, 2013
DanTheTerrible on Jul 23, 2015 wrote:
I really feel all craftable gear should be tradeable. But there should be reasonable level limits so young wizards can't use gear way more powerful than normally available for their level.
+1

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
DanTheTerrible on Jul 23, 2015 wrote:
There are level limits. You can transfer level 80 gear to a level 1 wizard, heck, you can even buy level 80 gear as a level 1 wizard if you have enough gold.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
One of the biggest motivators for me to create and level other wizards on my account was getting an intriguing, powerful piece of gear meant for another school.

For example, I already had a life wiz and a fire wiz, but started seeing items like Crusher's Deathly Robe and Krokenkahmen's Circlet in my backpack and thinking, "Hey these are really cool I should set these aside for if I want to do a death/storm whatever wiz".

Part of it was knowing I would eventually grow into the gear and it would be the best gear for my level.

Part of it was knowing if I was ever missing anything for my life or fire, at some point one of my other wiz might pick it up.

Knowing I cannot trade items I get or make that aren't useful for that school, doesn't make me want to level them, in fact I dread leveling my ice knowing eventually he will hit that wall where he has underpowered gear and has to farm from scratch everything he needs. This is discouraging for the higher level wiz who is being cheated out of his or her appropriate school gear. It's discouraging for the lower wiz who doesn't even get the consolation prize of the low tier gear.

I guess the technical term for it is "positive reinforcement" where you know if you level, you have some really strong starting gear for your new level waiting for you to grow into it.