Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Big Problem With Darkmoor Gear

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 12, 2013
So let me get to the point, darkmoor gear is good, in fact it is too good. Every school has their own specific flaw which distinguishes them from the rest. The problem is all those flaws are fixed. Remember at low levels, just starting the game, summoning a storm snake and it fizzles. Well that ain't happening anymore. Storm and fire are supposed to have low accuracy and high damage, but now with darkmoor gear it is possible for it to be impossible to fizzle, as in accuracy is over 100%, this is utterly ridiculous. I understand they need an accuracy boost, but perfect accuracy? that is going way too far, especially with storm's average damage to be between 90%-100% and their critical 435-495, I know they're supposed to be powerhouses but this is totally off-script.

Survivor
Apr 01, 2010
I agree, if storm doesn't have the down fall of such high damage then they shouldn't be putting out more then the other wizards. so they either need to fizzle more again or bring the other wizards damage up to that of storm.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
No one should fizzle at level 100 or get white pips. We're well beyond those being limiting factors.
Storm has at least a thousand less health than any other school. In the current metagame health buffers are a huge factor in survivability since any school can pierce resist to nothing. It's more than fair. Storm is actually at a disadvantage for anything other than raw damage.

Delver
Aug 31, 2012
A storm and a life would be invincible together. I agree that storm is OP with Darkmoor gear.

Kingsisle fixed the problem with storm Darkmoor gear. Since the ultra dungeon update, there is new exalted gear. It is better than Darkmoor gear for every school! Except storm. That fixes the problem