Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Minions need Buffed

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 01, 2010
Honestly minions seem pretty useless after a certain point. It would be great if you could make minions health/damage/resistance/block scale with caster. Also perhaps add a few enhancement spells that works like closssal/sharpen blade which would give them a boost to their base summon stats.

Defender
Nov 12, 2013
Myths wizards need a new, way more powerful minion and I have the perfect idea.

Summon Cerberus: 7 pips; learnt at level 90+
Cerberus: 3,850; 35%damage; 300critical; 195 critical block; 15% resistance; 85% resistance;
65% stun resistance; 85% PP chance
Spells Known:
-Blinding light
-Ninja Pigs
-Keeper of the Flame
-Shield Minion( can use on self if minion not present )
-Buff Minion( can use on self if minion not present )
-Myth Blade
-Minotaur
-Orthrus
-Earthquake
-Saga of Heroes
-Talos
-Vassanji
-Shatter
-Mend Minion( can use on self if minion not present )
-Draw Power
-Syphon Health
-Mythic Fuel
-Chivalrous Centaur
-Ether Shield
-Van Der Borst

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
The only advantage to a stronger minion would be that it would be able to tank hits for longer after taking aggro. Yes, a stronger minion would be nice, but that won't solve the problem. What we need is improved AI.

Survivor
Oct 01, 2013
I think there should be minions that put blades and traps and use time of legend. Then no feints would be wasted on a minion's weak attack. There should also be a myth spell that does damage and summons a minion.

Defender
Jan 27, 2012
Arcanexo on Jul 17, 2015 wrote:
Myths wizards need a new, way more powerful minion and I have the perfect idea.

Summon Cerberus: 7 pips; learnt at level 90+
Cerberus: 3,850; 35%damage; 300critical; 195 critical block; 15% resistance; 85% resistance;
65% stun resistance; 85% PP chance
Spells Known:
-Blinding light
-Ninja Pigs
-Keeper of the Flame
-Shield Minion( can use on self if minion not present )
-Buff Minion( can use on self if minion not present )
-Myth Blade
-Minotaur
-Orthrus
-Earthquake
-Saga of Heroes
-Talos
-Vassanji
-Shatter
-Mend Minion( can use on self if minion not present )
-Draw Power
-Syphon Health
-Mythic Fuel
-Chivalrous Centaur
-Ether Shield
-Van Der Borst
Did you just say myth needs another minion? Sorry, but we have 6. The other schools have 2. Vassanji and Talos are both pretty good (although I use neither because its pointless unless in pvp with a golem minion).

Just saying , I think we're good.
Nicholas RavenBlood 100

Defender
Nov 12, 2013
Seth Lifeblood Nic... on Jul 18, 2015 wrote:
Did you just say myth needs another minion? Sorry, but we have 6. The other schools have 2. Vassanji and Talos are both pretty good (although I use neither because its pointless unless in pvp with a golem minion).

Nicholas RavenBlood 100
Did you just say Vassanji and Talos are good? Sorry but those two are worthless in pvp as well as the other 6, a critical glowbug could easily disintegrate them into a pile of ash, even in questing they are worthless and the new level 75 minions can't even be used in pvp.

3 things that are unique to myth: Removing wards, double hits, and minions. They have the other 2 down, now all they need is a worthwhile minion that can withstand the blows of exalted wizards. Myth wizards are the storm of the spirit schools, so they at least need to be as forceful as fire, this will give them the edge they desperately need.

Just saying, Things need to change.
Joshua DragonGlade 100

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Seth Lifeblood Nic... on Jul 18, 2015 wrote:

Nicholas RavenBlood 100
actually, death has 15, because it's X-pip spell is a minion spell. So it has 14 from that, then 1 more from the L75 spell.