Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tips for defeating Malistaire Drake?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 06, 2011
Hello. I am currently doing the Forum in Dragonspyre and I am ten quests away from defeating Malistaire Drake. I am somewhat excited about leaving Dragonspyre and going on to the world of Celestia,however, I am afraid I will be somewhat useless in battle since I am now a level forty-six necromancer while Malistaire is also a death wizard and resists eighty percent of death damage.Now I know that using prisims is the way to go,but,I can only have four prisims in my deck and it's really difficult for me to get at least one prisim in my deck,especially when I need them. So,could anyone tell me any good strategies for a death wizard about to defeat Malistaire Drake If you can tell me anyone good strategies or tips for a death wizard about to defeat Malistaire Drake,I would really appreciate it.
From,Scarlet Deaththorn.

Explorer
Feb 26, 2009
Crescent moon on Jul 14, 2015 wrote:
Hello. I am currently doing the Forum in Dragonspyre and I am ten quests away from defeating Malistaire Drake. I am somewhat excited about leaving Dragonspyre and going on to the world of Celestia,however, I am afraid I will be somewhat useless in battle since I am now a level forty-six necromancer while Malistaire is also a death wizard and resists eighty percent of death damage.Now I know that using prisims is the way to go,but,I can only have four prisims in my deck and it's really difficult for me to get at least one prisim in my deck,especially when I need them. So,could anyone tell me any good strategies for a death wizard about to defeat Malistaire Drake If you can tell me anyone good strategies or tips for a death wizard about to defeat Malistaire Drake,I would really appreciate it.
From,Scarlet Deaththorn.
Sure I can help you out I had a death in my group. So the first thing you wanna do is go to the bazaar and see if there is a better deck for you. if that doesn't work out put max prisims in AND TONS of death shields for your friends. he scarecrows almost every round but you will only be able to do 4 attacks so blade up shield up trap up and then always use scarecrow.

Survivor
Apr 01, 2015
Even though I'm fire, I have worked with one death wizard, and he was the supporter for the most part. If you help a fire wizard once you unlock the final dungeon, in the death battles, you would support while the fire wizard attacks. If you don't find a fire wizard, let me know and I'll help you. We would just meet in a crowded server ( I can't remember what there called )

Erica DaisyDreamer Level 54 grandmaster Pyromancer. Find me either farming, plying wildfire, training my trusty pet, Queen Trixie, working on Celestia, joining ( and Failing ) ranked 1v1, or watching high level 4v4 PVP

Survivor
Mar 16, 2012
Hey there! I'm glad your moving on to celestia!!! As for your prisms, I would suggesst buying a bigger deck and to put TC prisms into the deck so you can pop one right out when you need it. You can try joining team up but I would love to help you if you are unable to find anyone to quest with.

Kelsey Rainbowflame 93

Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
I would suggest maxing out prisms and blades. Also,put 6 death spells in your deck to use on malistaire. Stack the rest of your deck with your secondary school and death shields.
James Darkforge level 70

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
If you are having trouble finding a deck that lets you put in all the prisms or whatever you want, you can visit the deck shop in Mooshu and buy a Deck of Forethought, which lets you use six copies of each death spell (though only three of each off-school spell). The vendor has similar 6/3 decks for all the schools.

Really though, past a certain point more cards in your deck just make it harder to draw the ones you need. For longer battles you do better to use reshuffle, which you can learn for one training point regardless of what school you are, from Mildred Farseer in her house on Colossus Avenue near Mindy Pixiecrown. With one reshuffle you can only reshuffle once; with two reshuffle cards in your deck you can reshuffle over and over indefinitely.

Survivor
Apr 16, 2015
I am a balance wizard, so this was fairly easy for me. But my friends and I got rid of his "assistants" first. Then we used a bunch of blades and traps, which easily brought down his health. Also, using treasure cards and lvl 42 spells helped too.

Kaitlyn Heath level 47

Survivor
Jul 01, 2015
here is a tip list
1 do not use death spells
2 always use life spells
3 healing your self always helps
4 do strong spells
do those spell and you should do great
signed isabella tale dreamer level 100