Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 7-10-15

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Happy Friday, Wizards! It's about time to wind things down for the day, but first, let's chat!

Today, let's talk about those wonderful magical spells, and their length. If you could choose some spells to shorten up, which ones would you pick? Let's go ahead an eliminate our favorite, Call of Khrulhu, (we've got our eye on that one already...) and look to what else you'd like to see sped up a bit!

Have a fantastical Friday everyone!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Jun 19, 2015
Professor Falmea on Jul 10, 2015 wrote:
Happy Friday, Wizards! It's about time to wind things down for the day, but first, let's chat!

Today, let's talk about those wonderful magical spells, and their length. If you could choose some spells to shorten up, which ones would you pick? Let's go ahead an eliminate our favorite, Call of Khrulhu, (we've got our eye on that one already...) and look to what else you'd like to see sped up a bit!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
I think keeper of the flame is really long and the animation should be shortened because when doing various dungeons it is used frequently and gets kind of annoying after seeing it a few times.

Community Leader
Before Khrulhu was the famously long spell, it was Ra.

DuelCircle Organizer. The Slowpoke Sloth is the best.
Survivor
Sep 27, 2010
Survivor
Oct 24, 2011
Survivor
May 08, 2011
I think that Frost Giant, Ra, Lord of Winter, and Forest Lord are all a bit too long in my opinion.As for Call of Khrulhu, how about having it attack everyone one by one and THEN have it give the combined heal back.

Timothy Darksword lvl 74

Survivor
Oct 08, 2011
Explorer
Jun 05, 2011
Most, if not all the level 58 spells (Leviathan, Snow Angel, Medusa, etc.) could use a general speed-up. The Ra spell especially is incredibly slow. If it were sped up, I would be a lot more likely to pack it into my deck for battle again. The animation it provides would be more time-effective if it were attacking ALL the enemies at once with a single sun-strike from the ankh, but doing it as it does to one enemy at a time?

I recommend as an Exalted Balance Wizard that's played since Celestia's release to shorten the animation of Ra by either making a single attack on an enemy faster, or by setting the current animation to affect all four opponent squares at once and doing that animation once per strike.

Explorer
Jan 12, 2013
Cold Fire Dragon for sure. Forest Lord. Mystic Colossus.
Actually, many of the lvl 58 spells are time consuming.

Steven
Fish Whisperer

Explorer
Aug 25, 2013
Ra. Unicorn. Tree. Goat Monk.Ninja Pigs.

Morganthe's after battle animations when farming.

Explorer
Aug 25, 2013
Oh, and all gardening spells, especially the preventative ones. Also, plow and new soil.

Defender
May 06, 2011
Professor Falmea on Jul 10, 2015 wrote:

I guess Lord of Atonement. It is pretty long, after all...

Explorer
Jan 20, 2010
Survivor
Jan 29, 2010
Would like to see forest lord sped up a bit too ..its a great spell but is a bit long to cast

Survivor
Dec 15, 2010
Ra is probably the most made fun of for its spell length.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
I would say Ra. It's a beautiful spell but the length of it can get to be a bit boring.

Survivor
Oct 23, 2009
Ra could be shortened down a bit, maybe make the sun that comes out of his staff focus on everyone at the same time?

Also Snow Angel could be slowed down a bit, that takes a while sometimes too, maybe the same concept with my Ra idea except with the lantern?

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
I'd definitely shorten the Coldfire Dragon spell. Oh and Frost Giant too! In fact... why not just revise the animations of the level 48 spells like you guys did with the Global spells and Fire Elf? I'd love to see some new animations, especially with Rebirth. All it does is stare at you which is kind or boring...

I don't really have any other spells that I'd like to see shortened; I've seen a lot of people say Ra and Forest Lord. But personally they've never seemed long to me. Especially Forest Lord, which is the only attacking AoE that Life has. -.-

And one more thing... can you guys maybe "patch" the gaps on AoE spells? Like for example Unicorn. When it turns to face another ally there's a "jump" (or flash) and it looks weird.

I know some of those ideas aren't apart of today's topic but I think they should really be addressed.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2012
I adore Forest Lord, but it really does need to be a little shorter. It definitely wouldn't hurt to take a look at Ra either.

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
I suspect I will be in the minority but I love them all. They have such beautiful animaitions and they give me that needed break in the tension it sit up a bit or flex my mouse fingers. I have even gotten in a quick 'Let the dog out' run between turns and I don't mind the wait at all. Could be me not being considered a "Yute" any more but I am in no hurry and I just enjoy every moment in my favorite games.

Survivor
Apr 27, 2010
Cold Fire Dragon, Forest Lord and Ra being shortened would really help move things along better.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2010
Hmm, I'd love to see Ra get sped up a bit! I always sigh whenever someone (or a boss) casts it. ESPECIALLY WITH TRAPS

-Wolf Willowmancer, level 92 Necromancer.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2011
Definitely Forest Lord, Ra, Mystic Colossus, and maybe Deer Knight. Those are the slowest I can think off of the top of my head lol

Survivor
Feb 05, 2015
I think all the global spells should be shortened.

Hero
May 02, 2009
For me personally I would like to see both Ra and Forest Lord sped up a bit there please.