Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 7-10-15

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 02, 2013
Hello Professor Falmea,

Thank you, and the rest of the team involved in making Wizard101 an absolute joy to play!

I'm sure you, and the rest of the moderators on the team, have read (time and again) how a number of spell animations are much to long.

I play mostly on my Death, Ice, and Balance wizards, so my input on the subject would be regarding the shortening of the following spells.

Pretty much ALL the level 88, and 100 spells, along with some old favorties.

Ra, Dr. Von's Monster, Rain of Fire, and Frost Giant to name a few.

While the animations during a spell's affects are often quite interesting to watch, the after affects, such as Stun, take a toll on player patience.

It has often been suggested if there were a way to somehow modify the Attack-All spells to affect enemies all at once rather than one at a time, the positive response would be wonderful.

We look forward to the results of the feedback you receive on this thread!

Best of luck to all in The Spiral ,

Lincoln Realm
Gabriel 100
Michael 88
Scarlet Fireblossom 88
Brahm Spellbreaker 74

Survivor
Jun 19, 2011
Ra would be nice if it was shortened up a bit. The beginning part if fine, but the part when he is actually attacking and slams down his staff seems unnecessary to have each time he attacks a different enemy, and can be a bit tedious if there is four enemies he has to attack.

Survivor
May 13, 2010
deaths last speel is way to long it needs something done about it

Survivor
Feb 19, 2010
RA Forest lord all storm spells no one wants to see that anyway

Survivor
Feb 26, 2010
Hello!
To enter the discussion, I'd like to address the spell Forest Lord! My Life wizard is my main and I really enjoy playing with her. My only problem though, which annoys me in almost every battle, is having to wait for the spell, Forest Lord, to finish.
I used to really love that spell (and it was one of the reasons why I created a Life wizard), but now, as I am level 74, it has become one of my least favorites. The worst part though, is that it is the only life spell that hits and deals damage to all of the enemies, so I really do not have any other options (as a Life wizard) and I have to use that spell in every battle. In contrast, though, I really like seeing long spells that hit only one target, such as "Gnomes!", because those spells don't repeat themselves multiple times and never get old or annoying.
Long story short, I would be really pleased if the spell Forest Lord was made a bit shorter.
Thank You, and I hope you have a lovely weekend !
~Jenna, Transcendent Theurgist ~

Survivor
Jan 07, 2010
Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
Burning rampage could be a little shorter, Dr Vons Monster is a bit long, as you said, khrulhu is so long that you could full up your potions in the same amount of time.

Jack Skygem Level 100 Pyromancer
Tireless Jack Jones Level 65 Swashbuckler

Defender
Dec 15, 2013
rain of fire pls. i say that spell takes a little to log for me

Delver
Jul 17, 2009
I don't think any of them need to be shortened so far, but I'm only a level 78. But my suggestion is this, if the spell hits all players/enemies, maybe it can do it all at one time, not one by one.

Survivor
Jan 22, 2012
Personally, I feel as though the spells: Forest Lord ,Ra , and Lord of Winter need to be shortened. So, frankly, i'm agreeing with everyone else here.

I'd also like to mention Rain of Fire , however, I have mixed emotions with that one. The three I listed, though are probably the ones that are the worst length wise. ;)

Survivor
Sep 06, 2008
Ra and certain fishing spells IE summon,winnoning , Charm

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Scarecrow, if changed to hit all at the same time, then heal once, would speed up the spell by up to 66%. When hitting 4 enemies:

Step 1) Hit enemy #1
Step 2) Heal self
Step 3) Hit enemy #2
Step 4) Heal self
Step 5) Hit enemy #3
Step 6) Heal self
Step 7) Hit enemy #4
Step 8) Heal self

If it was changed to hit all then heal self, we'd have:

Step 1) Hit all
Step 2) Heal self

Of course ANY spell that has multiple parts could be sped up. Anytime it heals everybody, it should heal all at the same time. Any blades/traps/weaknesses/etc should all be placed at the same time as well. The cheats from Aphrodite 2 could all be placed at the same time as well. Why does it need to add all of effect 1 one character at a time, then effect 2 one cfharacter at a time, then effect 3, etc

Survivor
Sep 15, 2013
Don't really care how long spells are but if I had to choose, I would choose Forest lord and Ra.

Defender
Nov 12, 2013
So I am going to name spells that would look a lot cooler or would be a lot shorter if the animation was turned into one big hit, similar to the attack of malistaire's gigantic skeletal dragon.

Fire Dragon( would look amazing if it hit everyone at once)
Meteor
Scald( add an animation, something small like frostbite)
Rain of Fire( lava swallows all)
Khrulhu( hits everyone at once, then all health is given to the caster at once)
Scarecrow( already fast but if you can make the blue light split into four rays)
Ra( make the sunlight also split into four rays)
Storm Lord( make several bolts of lighting rain down on all)
Tempest( one giant wave hitting everyone, or just change the name to tsunami)
Sirens( their sound water or whatever hits everyone)
Glowbug( zaps everyone instantaneously)
Blizzard
Frost Giant( have the wind from his hammer go everywhere)
Forest Lord( this is kind of impossible, just make the starting animation way shorter)
Earthquake ( spike rocks hit everyone)
Mystic Colossus( magic beams of light hit everyone)

Giving old spells ,that were already fast, completely new animations makes things more exciting

Survivor
Oct 22, 2009
This is the Feedback Friday I've been awaiting all along! I sometimes get caught in a battle and with only one mob to fight against. In order to dismiss the other mobs which didn't participate, is to end the combat as soon as possible. Despite my expectation, the other mobs that didn't join approached the field right when I defeated the first mob. It has been so frustrating every time when I'm not able to end the battle in time to avoid the second one. And I knew that the main cause of this types of conclusions is because of the "Length of Time of The Action of The Spell". I have been looking forward for solutions, and here I have some ideas/ways for spell-casting-shortening:
1. To all enemies spells-->Strike all enemies at the same time instead of hitting in order.
2. Don't cease during action. Make "pierce" display/work like "resist", mustn't stop for a moment to display the words.
3-1. When blades are in action, automatically display the total percentage instead of counting them one by one.
3-2. Make "traps' actions" work like "3-1(blades)".
4. Cut the parts where the spell monsters do their personal gymnastics before releasing damage. ~Time-consuming and pointless~
Back to the main topic.... Here's some of the spells which I request for shortening:

1. All to all enemies spells, especially "Meteor strike". ~Formula ^ ~
2. Cyclops
3. Stormzilla
4. Earthquake

5. Rain of Fire
6. Helephant
7. Heck Hound
etc, sry, I'm a fire wizard. I don't know much about other schools' high level spells. But I believe that my fellow wizards will post their opinions by themselves.

Thank you for posting another Feedback Friday, Prof. Falmea
Sincerity,
Devin Dragonstone.

Explorer
Sep 26, 2012
yeah, is long but who uses it? my Balance wizards almost never did : for the same amount of Pips, 2 Sandstorms are better (especially once the Balance wizards have a critical oriented set)

on the other hand, the Forest Lord is still the unique AoE for the poor Life wizards, and it's really boring after few years
I was thrilled to see new versions of it for the other schools, used my MoBs in the Four Dungeons, but, after the first surprise, it's still the same old very long spell and rounds last forever because of it (especially at Aphrodite's)

however, the real answer to the question is simple and said several times in this thread already :
all AoE need to be a little more fast or at least the most used like Forest Lord, Frost Giant, Storm Lord, Deer Knight, Khrulhu & Mythical Colossus
Fire wizards tend to use mostly Meteor and Balance ones use Sandstorms, then they are good single hitters, so I think there isn't a real need to work on Fire Dragon, Rain of Fire or , but it might be nice too

yes, a version that hits everyone at the same time like Morganthe's Shadow Spider spell would be cool, but a simple speed up will be nice enough and, I guess, way more easy to update
although, for future new AoE learned by our wizards, I'd really like to see spells that hit all opponents at the same time

window.onbeforeunload = function() {}

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
The death darkmoor spell NEEDS to be shortened. It attacks all, heals, and has dramatic entry animations. It's cool, but super long.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
JStorm95 on Jul 10, 2015 wrote:
Ra could be shortened down a bit, maybe make the sun that comes out of his staff focus on everyone at the same time?

Also Snow Angel could be slowed down a bit, that takes a while sometimes too, maybe the same concept with my Ra idea except with the lantern?
only reason snow angel take long because attack,stun,taunt but they should make taunt more quicker and better so, people would understand taunt more so, others can understand want taunt really does do so, know taunt little better? allot people cast taunt to troll (they laugh at) think they do nothing (think make taunt little better so, want taunt is really about when taunt someone!

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
Survivor
Mar 28, 2013
Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
I think Ra and Call of Khrulhu should be definitely be shortened. My friend calls Call of Khrulhu the sandwhich spell because he says he has time to make a sandwich and it still isn't done, haha.

Defender
Nov 12, 2013
Devin DragonStone on Jul 12, 2015 wrote:
This is the Feedback Friday I've been awaiting all along! I sometimes get caught in a battle and with only one mob to fight against. In order to dismiss the other mobs which didn't participate, is to end the combat as soon as possible. Despite my expectation, the other mobs that didn't join approached the field right when I defeated the first mob. It has been so frustrating every time when I'm not able to end the battle in time to avoid the second one. And I knew that the main cause of this types of conclusions is because of the "Length of Time of The Action of The Spell". I have been looking forward for solutions, and here I have some ideas/ways for spell-casting-shortening:
1. To all enemies spells-->Strike all enemies at the same time instead of hitting in order.
2. Don't cease during action. Make "pierce" display/work like "resist", mustn't stop for a moment to display the words.
3-1. When blades are in action, automatically display the total percentage instead of counting them one by one.
3-2. Make "traps' actions" work like "3-1(blades)".
4. Cut the parts where the spell monsters do their personal gymnastics before releasing damage. ~Time-consuming and pointless~
Back to the main topic.... Here's some of the spells which I request for shortening:

1. All to all enemies spells, especially "Meteor strike". ~Formula ^ ~
2. Cyclops
3. Stormzilla
4. Earthquake

5. Rain of Fire
6. Helephant
7. Heck Hound
etc, sry, I'm a fire wizard. I don't know much about other schools' high level spells. But I believe that my fellow wizards will post their opinions by themselves.

Thank you for posting another Feedback Friday, Prof. Falmea
Sincerity,
Devin Dragonstone.
Yeah, I've always wondered why it pauses when piercing is at disposal but I also like it, because that long silent pause to see if the critical will actually go through! but then out of nowhere, BLOCK! Not this time!

And I have to give thanks to the creators, then sound of a critical being blocked is so cool!
It's like a sword being parried

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
I was away from the game so long that a lot of the spells mentioned are new to me - but the Hungry Butterfly one is pretty long.

Survivor
May 01, 2012
If there was some way you could recode ALL of the AoE spells to just play the animation once at the first hit...I think that would speed things up rather well and would not have to change any of those spells animations and make a lot of people really happy!

Delver
Dec 30, 2012