Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Buying back failed talent slots

AuthorMessage
Champion
Sep 01, 2009
We've all done it. We've trained a pet to adult, received two talents we want, and thought "Okay, now we're talking, let's train to ancient!" You hit ancient and bam, a selfish talent, or something you really didn't want at all. What if, for a moderate crowns price, we could buy back that failed talent slot? You spend the crowns-let's say a thousand-and the failed slot opens up again, one time only. And you can try to get the talent you want. If it fails again, you're stuck, and have to start over, but this would give us another chance at what we prefer. As a proficient pet hatcher and trainer, I would definitely spend a thousand crowns to get another chance to succeed while training.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
This has been suggested before, and I think it's an excellent idea.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Snee432 on Jul 10, 2015 wrote:
We've all done it. We've trained a pet to adult, received two talents we want, and thought "Okay, now we're talking, let's train to ancient!" You hit ancient and bam, a selfish talent, or something you really didn't want at all. What if, for a moderate crowns price, we could buy back that failed talent slot? You spend the crowns-let's say a thousand-and the failed slot opens up again, one time only. And you can try to get the talent you want. If it fails again, you're stuck, and have to start over, but this would give us another chance at what we prefer. As a proficient pet hatcher and trainer, I would definitely spend a thousand crowns to get another chance to succeed while training.
I'm strongly against anything like that being sold. Doing it for crowns would be unfair, and for gold would be too easy. I saw a suggestion by someone that one level could be trained backwards, locking out those talents, then you could retrain and you'd get the next talents in line. That's the only suggestion along those lines that I've seen that makes sense, as it's not a 'gimme' and not a monetary cost. If you are willing to put in the extra effort, you'd have one chance to 'fix' a fail, but it wouldn't be a slam-dunk perfect pet the way a buyback could be.