Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Spells for Spirit School Wizards and Why

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 29, 2012
Here are some spell ideas for whatever follows after level 100 for the school of life. I have taken care that it is not too OP so yeah. If you are wondering why I have used shadow and light as extra pips please see my post about shadow and light spells. Life currently only has one attack all spell, Forest Lord, which gets really boring when you use it over and over again, plus it is starting to get weak as game progresses. This spell is mostly themed on the world Mirage.

: Life
Name of Spell: Killer Kactus
Cost: 8 Regular Pips and 1 Shadow or Light Pip
Spell Type: Global/Hit All enemies
Accuracy: 90%

What the spell does: Summon minion of life (2,500 to 3,500 health?) and 1050-1150 Damage to all enemies

Animation: Killer Kactus appears out of grassy meadow and attacks all enemies by shooting spikes at them or hitting them. Then retreats to join player in battle, if all spots are taken up, minion disappears.

Comment thoughts below. Plan on making more posts for the rest of the schools.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Liam Sunleaf on Jul 2, 2015 wrote:
Here are some spell ideas for whatever follows after level 100 for the school of life. I have taken care that it is not too OP so yeah. If you are wondering why I have used shadow and light as extra pips please see my post about shadow and light spells. Life currently only has one attack all spell, Forest Lord, which gets really boring when you use it over and over again, plus it is starting to get weak as game progresses. This spell is mostly themed on the world Mirage.

What the spell does: Summon minion of life (2,500 to 3,500 health?) and 1050-1150 Damage to all enemies

Animation: Killer Kactus appears out of grassy meadow and attacks all enemies by shooting spikes at them or hitting them. Then retreats to join player in battle, if all spots are taken up, minion disappears.

i (mostly) like this idea, since life is well overdue for a second aoe.

that said, i have a couple of questions:

1) if the dungeon is full, there's no 5th spot for the minion; will the spell still cast?

2) what measures do you propose to avoid abuse (e.g., if someone dies during a dungeon and flees, they won't be able to get back into the instance as the minion has taken their spot and it is now considered full)?

just some food for thought.

-von

exalted
arch
grand
magus

Survivor
May 22, 2014
Andrew Dreamhunter-I really like that idea and I hope kingsisle consider it.

Survivor
Dec 16, 2012

I think it would be cool to have a balance spell called wrath of Persephone. Why? In mythology, she was a goddess of life, and turned into a goddess if death. That's myth, life, and death, which are all of the spirit schools. Therefore, perfect balance spell.

Wrath of Persephone would cost 6 pips and a shadow pip, and would do 1000 myth, life, or death damage to all enemies. Each enemy would get a spirit dispel.

Animation: it would start with a beautiful marble temple surrounded
In trees and flowers. The scenery would slowly change to the same image, but much eviler. Persephone bursts out of the temple and uses her powers to send a column of light onto each opponent. The columns do the damage.

School: balance
Type: hit all
Name: wrath of Persephone
Does: 1000 myth, life, or death damage and spirit dispel to all enemies.
Accuracy: 85%
Cost: 6 pips and 1 shadow pip
Received from: quest, "Perseph-verence"

Quinn ghostshard, level 54

Survivor
Aug 13, 2010
I really like the idea for Cactus AOE hit spell because life is realllyyyyy in need of another and this would be great. I would tweak to add more damage or less pips because Glowbug Squall is nearly same damage and half pips. An enchanted meteor, Colossus enchant, has about the same damage as a base Forest Lord. As an Exalted Life, I know the struggle of having to deal with only one weak, long AOE hit. in PvP I've been told many times that life is just useless in 4v4/3v3 and I feel that way too since their one AOE hit takes so many pips and is considerably weak compared to the other school AOE's. When I 4v4 I often have to use Jade gear to be wanted on a team and Jade's get so much criticism for having so much resist when honestly that's one of the only options for a life wizard in 4v4.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2012
Dr Von on Jul 3, 2015 wrote:
i (mostly) like this idea, since life is well overdue for a second aoe.

that said, i have a couple of questions:

1) if the dungeon is full, there's no 5th spot for the minion; will the spell still cast?

2) what measures do you propose to avoid abuse (e.g., if someone dies during a dungeon and flees, they won't be able to get back into the instance as the minion has taken their spot and it is now considered full)?

just some food for thought.

-von

exalted
arch
grand
magus
Hey Von

Thanks for the Reply. These are the answers to your questions.

1) If the dungeon is full, the spell will only attack and not cast the minion. The minion will just disappear like any other minion would if you tried to cast another when you already have one in the battle. That said, some people may not be happy to use that many pips and only get half of what the spell says it does. So, the spell might do something else instead of casting the minion, for example, adding a life trap to each enemy to make up for the missing minion.

2) I suggest Kingisle add a locking system, where that spot is locked for the rest of the dungeon until that one player returns after fleeing. This disables any other player or minion from joining that area of the instance. Only the original person that took that position can return to it.

Thanks for the questions!

Exalted
Arch
Magus

Defender
Sep 18, 2010

As a Theurgist at heart I do agree we Life Wizards need another AoE. Both a low pip one and a high pip one. Forest Lord has grown old and weak, it's time we gave him a rest in place of another spell.

I don't wish to trash your idea but I personally don't like the idea of a Kactus serving as a spell for the School of Life. As well, Cacti, I mean Kacti aren't found in places such as Mirage. They're only native to the Americas thus it would be out of place.