Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Suggestion on New Card-Giving Jewels

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
I love some of the new dropped jewels on test realm particularly the Aquillan Gods and the Boss specific Shift jewels(Shift Rattlebones etc). However I do believe these jewel's pip cost is too high. At 9 pips the Aquillan God jewels are beaten out by most exalted wizard's normal enhanced AoE's. At 4 pips and moon school-the new boss shift jewels are more costly than current shift spells(which cost 3). As such my suggestion is to reduce these jewel's pip cost by 1. This would reduce the Aquillan God Jewels to 8 pips and the Shift boss jewels to 3 pips. This would make the Aquilan God spells much more competitive while allowing the Boss shift jewels to be on par with current shift spells.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
Eric Stormbringer on Jun 30, 2015 wrote:
I love some of the new dropped jewels on test realm particularly the Aquillan Gods and the Boss specific Shift jewels(Shift Rattlebones etc). However I do believe these jewel's pip cost is too high. At 9 pips the Aquillan God jewels are beaten out by most exalted wizard's normal enhanced AoE's. At 4 pips and moon school-the new boss shift jewels are more costly than current shift spells(which cost 3). As such my suggestion is to reduce these jewel's pip cost by 1. This would reduce the Aquillan God Jewels to 8 pips and the Shift boss jewels to 3 pips. This would make the Aquilan God spells much more competitive while allowing the Boss shift jewels to be on par with current shift spells.
I like shift spell because seem more better then polymorph spell type (mostly like rattlebone because moon shift aoe death damage spell) but wish there ice spell one from god of Aquila? see what ice is look like?

I trouble winning pvp (don't have good pvp strategy even try think one become useless) funny being tank wizard more then offense school because when your mute then can say in menu chat: use a taunt language?

Survivor
Dec 08, 2008
I just wrote a post on Central about this and thought on bringing it here. The new card jewels are something I was looking forward to, though most of them are not quite what they should be. On the new shift spells, I totally agree with Eric that a simple pip reduction cost is a great way to balance them.

On the Aquila jewels, I think pip reduction (yes, to rank 8) would work in most of them... though if that's the way to go, some will still need a minor damage adjustment (thinking of Cronus and Apollo mostly).

Though (as discussed on Central) damage increase is also a good way to improve them... also I'm thinking that pip reduction might make them more suited to PvP and more desirable (as they should be). Some shorted notes on each of them:

They all rank 9! Pip reduction would make them 8.
Ares: 655 dmg and Detonate effect which is pretty much pointless as there's no strong DoT to be casted before it. Pip reduction is a great solution.
Poseidon: Stealing a shield before hit (650dmg). Pip reduction would put the damage in a decent range.
Zeus: 995dmg and damage bubble. Pip reduction would turn the damage in a fair range.
Cronus: 395dmg along with earthquake. Even with pip reduction a dmg boost is still needed.
Apollo: 650dmg and self healing trap. Need damage boost even with less pips. Alternatively could turn hit into an AoE or change effect to something else (heal over time would be great).
Hades: 1175dmg after 3 turns. This one is well balanced and requires no upgrade. Though if the others are to cost less pips, Hades should be changed along (even if reducing the damage).
Aquila: 275 x4 dmg (spirit or elemental plus Balance). This one is decent too, though pip reduction would be a great upgrade.

I hope KI can consider our suggestions and make these awesome new spells into something that we'll actually be using!

~R