Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Including Fizzles in Start of Game Tutorials

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
I posted this over at Central as well, but I feel that by posting it here, there's a better chance of the right people seeing it.

"Okay, so this is a thread I could have made years ago, but for whatever reason, this still bothers me, despite it being such a small issue. Most wizards--especially if you are Storm--will discover fizzles very early on, but neither Ambrose nor Diego in any of their tutorials mention the possibility of fizzling.

Since it would take a long time to rework that start of game tutorial to include an instance in which you fizzle a spell, such a tutorial would probably be added to Diego.

I just think it's extremely weird that neither one tells you a spell can fail. The accuracy listed on the side of the card is easy to miss, and I know that I didn't know about it for the longest time. When I first started playing, I thought a fizzle meant that the card I was using didn't work on the specific mob I was facing (such as fizzling Thunder Snake on a Skeletal Pirate because bones don't conduct electricity or whatever my young mind made up).

I just think it would be helpful to new players to actually tell them about fizzling and spell accuracy through a small tutorial near the start of the game.

Thoughts?"

Explorer
Jan 15, 2013
Delver
Jan 21, 2014
I, just like you, had the same issue with fizzling, but i didn't think it was because the spell was not effective, i thought I had to press space bar to make it work (You can imagine what happened after THAT thought). Please KI, you could save allot of parents from kid-tantrums because they're thunder snake didn't work.

Isaac GoldHeart lvl 39
"Next time you underestimate a life student, remember, he or she can save your life"