Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Viability of Death with Life Secondary

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 08, 2014
As title says. I know that Death has a knack for hurting itself with spells like Dark Pact, Bad Juju and Empower. I've also seen quite a few Death get knocked around while blading/trapping up for a drain so I'd think a safety net heal like Satyr would be useful. The Mutate Banshee Sun spell looks rather nice too, as well as the Mutate Sprite to a lesser extent
Myth seems to get recommended a lot as a secondary (always for Death Minotaur, Frog and Earthquake) but only if you get a Myth Mastery amulet. Honestly I doubt I will have one anytime soon as they are quite expensive and I don't have a character capable of farming the necessary bosses.
I have a Life Mastery Amulet, and don't pvp. This would be for a strictly pve build. I would like to hear input/advice on this particular setup.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
If you don't have mastery, there's little point to Satyr. Sprite can be handy, but since Death has drains and a native heal, there's seldom a need to train life spells.

Defender
Jun 02, 2013
As a Death wizard with a Life Mastery Amulet, the only situation in PVE where I find it viable is healing others.

If I choose to use Death spells that harm me for a benefit after, I just use Death Shield as a counter to the damage.

I hope this helped you.

Best of luck to you,

Lincoln Realm
Gabriel 100
Michael 86

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
I would also point out that any of the life healing spells you can learn with training points are available at the bazaar as treasure cards. Sprite TCs can usually be bought for under 200 gold each. New wizards may think that 200 gold is a lot for a one use card, but trust me, by the time you reach Celestia you'll have enough gold buying a couple of dozen sprite TCs will seem cheap. Satyr is more expensive, but by the time you get to Avalon, you will have so much gold running out your ears, even the most expensive treasure cards available on the bazaar will seem practically free. With treasure cards you can also get some useful healing spells you can't learn with training points, such as unicorn or regenerate, that are helpful in special circumstances (rebirth is unfortunately hard to find on the bazaar).

Furthermore, putting your healing spells in your sideboard can make them easier to draw when you really need them. And the treasure card versions are slightly more powerful then the learned versions, 50 + 300 for a TC sprite vs 30 + 270 for a learned sprite.