Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

stacked plants

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 31, 2014
i started stacking my plant plots and just finished.i put a gnome in the middle of the plot and tried to cast a spell (the one that provides rain for a large area) but it didn't work, it also has a x on the crusor. i don't know wt i did wrong i put a object in the center. plz reply

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Jessica stormrider on Jun 14, 2015 wrote:
i started stacking my plant plots and just finished.i put a gnome in the middle of the plot and tried to cast a spell (the one that provides rain for a large area) but it didn't work, it also has a x on the crusor. i don't know wt i did wrong i put a object in the center. plz reply
If you are stacking, your Gnome or what ever you use as your centering target has to be floated at a level that will make the spell pop out when you are actually on target. It takes some time to get the target just right until you get used to doing it for multiple gardens but once you do, it will get easier.....You should get a "green" checkmark on your cursor when it is properly targeted.

On a two level garden, float your target just under the center of the top level. I don't do any more than two levels myself and that is on PBC's. I do place a gnome in the center on my top level, but that is only for getting my center point. By the way, when I stack, I am using 3 Low Jade Tables stacked for a 2 level garden. After I have found my center point on top, I will drop down to a level between the two levels and guide my target gnome in so that it is just under the one on top. I found that doing it this way, makes it easier to place the target.

Hope this helps

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
I've never had much luck putting a gnome on actual garden plots. It works better if you put the gnome on untilled ground or on furniture that sits on untilled ground.

I have found checkers very handy for adjusting the gnome's height, if you can't find any at the bazaar the Krokotopia furniture vendor (on the island with the Krokospinx and the Balance school) sells them for 100 gold each.

Delver
Jun 29, 2011
DragonLady1818 on Jun 16, 2015 wrote:
If you are stacking, your Gnome or what ever you use as your centering target has to be floated at a level that will make the spell pop out when you are actually on target. It takes some time to get the target just right until you get used to doing it for multiple gardens but once you do, it will get easier.....You should get a "green" checkmark on your cursor when it is properly targeted.

On a two level garden, float your target just under the center of the top level. I don't do any more than two levels myself and that is on PBC's. I do place a gnome in the center on my top level, but that is only for getting my center point. By the way, when I stack, I am using 3 Low Jade Tables stacked for a 2 level garden. After I have found my center point on top, I will drop down to a level between the two levels and guide my target gnome in so that it is just under the one on top. I found that doing it this way, makes it easier to place the target.

Hope this helps
There's really no need to float a centering target in a stacked garden. Just place a Fancy Lamppost, Flag, Directional Arrow, or some other tall, thin object in the center of your garden. This will allow you to aim and center the gardening spell at any height, and they make nice looking decorative centerpieces too.

Wolf Windrider

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
DanTheTerrible on Jul 8, 2015 wrote:
I've never had much luck putting a gnome on actual garden plots. It works better if you put the gnome on untilled ground or on furniture that sits on untilled ground.

I have found checkers very handy for adjusting the gnome's height, if you can't find any at the bazaar the Krokotopia furniture vendor (on the island with the Krokospinx and the Balance school) sells them for 100 gold each.
You can't put a Gnome or any other object on a garden plot unless you FLOAT it in.

There are ways to do this and if you search through the threads in the gardening forum on Wizard101 Central, you can choose what works best for you.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Errol Everhart on Jul 8, 2015 wrote:
There's really no need to float a centering target in a stacked garden. Just place a Fancy Lamppost, Flag, Directional Arrow, or some other tall, thin object in the center of your garden. This will allow you to aim and center the gardening spell at any height, and they make nice looking decorative centerpieces too.

Wolf Windrider
I have a Lamppost in 2 of my gardens for targeting, but I also use gnomes on occasion or other objects based on the type of seeds I have planted.

For instance, I have a 2 level KP garden that I floated the Bubbling Cauldron just under the top level. I can center from that even though most of the time I can't see it. By just the sized of that Cauldron, it makes it easier to target when trying to do so through several heads of Parsley.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2010
I created stack gardening, no need to put gnome or any other on top, near the border on ground is ok, the height of the vases is very important, I now stack three layers of plants up to almost a hundred plants per spell can be done.

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
creatorPRIME on Jul 13, 2015 wrote:
I created stack gardening, no need to put gnome or any other on top, near the border on ground is ok, the height of the vases is very important, I now stack three layers of plants up to almost a hundred plants per spell can be done.
Regardless of how many plots you can cram in the spell circle, a large garden spell will only affect 69 plants. A medium will only affect 25.