Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reagents....

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 15, 2015
I heard from friends that crafted gear is op. I was like, nah. Later, I looked and WOW it is op! So i started doing the crafting quests so i could catch up to my level. I am still trying to catch up. Days later. How do you get all these rare reagents it calls for! I am in dragonspyre crafting (questing in zafaria on my main) And I need to craft some robes, this one is not as hard as some others though. And later my friend friend said, "Oh you think the crafting quests you do are hard? Wait till Zafaria." So that definatley scared me lol. I need help with where to get reagents how to get them and so on.

Any tips will be greatly appreciated!

Kane StormCrafter lvl 59

Kane EmeraldHeart lvl 6

Defender
Jul 27, 2009
Just for a little comparison I was expecting this to be complaining about zafarian crafting xD

Survivor
May 15, 2015
Clumsy Sebastion L... on Jun 12, 2015 wrote:
Just for a little comparison I was expecting this to be complaining about zafarian crafting xD
wow >_>

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
Finding reagents can be tricky. A common one would be the black pearls, but I find it easier to just convert from black lotus along with other rare reagents. Black lotus can be found fairly often in Vestrilund. Lots of people farm Halfang, so you may be familiar of where to find him. Instead of going up the tree branch, head to the left and there should be plenty of black lotus there. As for sunstone, I sometimes convert those from sandstone. Every now and then you can find sunstone or sandstone at the bazaar, so keep an eye out for that. Same with springs and fish fin. I recommend that you ask close friends if they have any extra of the supplies you need and they will hopefully be willing to sell those for you. Crafting just takes patience and a lot of gold! I hope this helped!
- Gabrielle Silversword
P.S. I completely agree with you about the dragonspyre crafting. I haven't gotten to the zafaria part, but good luck!

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
One of the best sources of reagents is gardening. I have massive amounts of sandstone, black pearls, pearls, springs, etc... just from gardening. With a little research, you can find the plants that will give you the reagents you need.

Survivor
May 15, 2015
Lizziebell03 on Jun 16, 2015 wrote:
Finding reagents can be tricky. A common one would be the black pearls, but I find it easier to just convert from black lotus along with other rare reagents. Black lotus can be found fairly often in Vestrilund. Lots of people farm Halfang, so you may be familiar of where to find him. Instead of going up the tree branch, head to the left and there should be plenty of black lotus there. As for sunstone, I sometimes convert those from sandstone. Every now and then you can find sunstone or sandstone at the bazaar, so keep an eye out for that. Same with springs and fish fin. I recommend that you ask close friends if they have any extra of the supplies you need and they will hopefully be willing to sell those for you. Crafting just takes patience and a lot of gold! I hope this helped!
- Gabrielle Silversword
P.S. I completely agree with you about the dragonspyre crafting. I haven't gotten to the zafaria part, but good luck!
Thanks this helps so much. And on the zafaria crafting you need like a ton of sunstones or something

Survivor
May 15, 2015
As of tomorrow June 28, i will have finished the zafaria crafting, Everyone all like its sooooo hard. Well i got the reagents in one day. :) Dont stress over it, its not as hard as you think it is

My Motto: There is Transmute for Everything

Kane Stormcraftter lvl 72

Survivor
Aug 25, 2011
I'm currently crafting the house from Azteca and need what feels like about a million agave leaves. It's not just knowing where to look, a lot of it is knowing when also. They don't seem to spawn in huge numbers, so I try to go out when things aren't too crowded. Since that's just a single item that I need, I tend to make loops through several worlds including Wizard City when I'm reagent hunting. I'll set aside an hour or so and go out with specific items in mind. That way I can concentrate on certain areas where I know they'll be found.

Mariah Wildsong
Promethean Sorcerer

Survivor
May 15, 2015
Agave Leaves are easy go to the place with obsidian beacks in mangrove marsh and there is like 1-3 agave leaves per realm :)

Survivor
Dec 06, 2009
I am looking for vine, grendelweed, and brick-walled pond at. But I can't fine them at. Please help me out

Defender
Oct 22, 2012
fine stuff on Oct 12, 2015 wrote:
I am looking for vine, grendelweed, and brick-walled pond at. But I can't fine them at. Please help me out
Here's where you can get vine.
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Reagent:Vine
Trumpet vine can be bought at the bazaar only thing you need to watch for is the rank 4 pests.

Grenelweed can be found here.
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Reagent:Grendelweed

Grizzlehiem is about the best place to go for it. In mirkholm keep by herkir is a good spot to look.

The brick walled pond you will need to craft. The recipe is sold by Balthazar Dragon Thorn in Dragonspyre.