Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fizzles! Do they increase by level?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 18, 2011
Before you read, you need to know that, I. Hate. Fizzles.

On my first wizard, Garrett TitanBreath, he was a wizard. I loved Wizard101! It was so fun! I took my time, read the story, and soloed the game with my Wizard! However, I noticed that the things that made myth, well,
Myth, is the minions, and Celestia just made it too hard for them. So I decided to start a new wizard, an wizard.

was ok. I chose it because I kept dying on my wizard so I chose more defensive type. I struggled a lot. I kept dying because was really hard to train. Then crafting came around! I crafted good items for Celestia. And I would never die! One problem though. FIZZLES. I would be doing so well in a fight, about to attack, then a fizzle. Then I get Tempested in the face. I was so angry! I wanted to NEVER play wizard again! I spent so much on my Ice and it didn't even help! I told this to my friend, and he said that isn't good for soloing. So he suggested .
I was unsure at first, thinking I'd die. But I gave it a chance.

I loved ! It was so fun to use! I love tempest! And I got armor to help boost accuracy! Everything went well for my Wizard! Then, I went to DRAGONSPYRE. And for some reason, I do not know why, I fizzle as much as my did, and I have better accuracy than my ! What the heck!?

Does anyone else have this issue? Is the chance of fizzling raised at higher levels? It wasn't really just Dragonspyre, it was Mooshu too! I was sidequesting and got to 40, then I could never land a tempest because it fizzled!

Is this unluckiness, or do you guys have this problem too?

Thanks for reading.
-Garrett TitanBreath 48, Sophia Frostflower 54, Sean Ashcloud 43

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Mijumaru16055 on Jun 9, 2015 wrote:

On my first wizard, Garrett TitanBreath, he was a wizard. I loved Wizard101! It was so fun! I took my time, read the story, and soloed the game with my Wizard! However, I noticed that the things that made myth, well,
Myth, is the minions, and Celestia just made it too hard for them. So I decided to start a new wizard, an wizard.

was ok. I chose it because I kept dying on my wizard so I chose more defensive type. I struggled a lot. I kept dying because was really hard to train. Then crafting came around! I crafted good items for Celestia. And I would never die! One problem though. FIZZLES. I would be doing so well in a fight, about to attack, then a fizzle. Then I get Tempested in the face. I was so angry! I wanted to NEVER play wizard again! I spent so much on my Ice and it didn't even help! I told this to my friend, and he said that isn't good for soloing. So he suggested .

I loved ! It was so fun to use! I love tempest! And I got armor to help boost accuracy! Everything went well for my Wizard! Then, I went to DRAGONSPYRE. And for some reason, I do not know why, I fizzle as much as my did, and I have better accuracy than my ! What the heck!?

Does anyone else have this issue? Is the chance of fizzling raised at higher levels? It wasn't really just Dragonspyre, it was Mooshu too! I was sidequesting and got to 40, then I could never land a tempest because it fizzled!

Thanks for reading.
Fizz happens!
No matter how much accuracy boost you might have, there's no such thing as 100%. Even if your stat page says you have more than 100% accuracy you can still fizzle. I've fizzled on a wand hit, without any negative charms on me so I know it to be true. Since you've played both Ice and Storm you're familiar with their low base accuracy rate, and the only way to combat it is accuracy boost gear. I can't say for certain that there's any correlation to fizzle rating and level. That would seem to be a bit underhanded on KI's part to build something like that into the game unseen. I will say this though... you haven't truly experienced fizzle frustration until you've set up for a huge hit with your Life wizard and fizzled attempting to cast your 90% base accuracy Forest Lord!
What??? Life wizards don't fizzle? Oh yeah they do but only at the most inopportune moment!

Delver
Apr 08, 2015

Thanks for reading.
Though I can offer you no explanation, I can offer you my experience-

Probably just me, but it seems like I fizzle less the more I level up. Could be my gear, or just my imagination. Probably gear though.

Explorer
Sep 05, 2009
it's RNG (Random Number Generator) nothing besides accuracy debuffs can increase your chance to fizzle

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Fizzle can be reduced with accuracy boosts from gear. You can always fizzle if hit with an accuracy debuff, but it IS possible to eliminate it otherwise. You are under-leveled for CL. Do some sides (Wintertusk is great) and craft, farm, or buy some gear that boosts accuracy, especially for your main school. Accuracy jewels, and the sharp-shot pet talent help a lot too.

Delver
Jun 29, 2011
TucsonWizard on Jun 9, 2015 wrote:
Fizz happens!
No matter how much accuracy boost you might have, there's no such thing as 100%. Even if your stat page says you have more than 100% accuracy you can still fizzle. I've fizzled on a wand hit, without any negative charms on me so I know it to be true. Since you've played both Ice and Storm you're familiar with their low base accuracy rate, and the only way to combat it is accuracy boost gear. I can't say for certain that there's any correlation to fizzle rating and level. That would seem to be a bit underhanded on KI's part to build something like that into the game unseen. I will say this though... you haven't truly experienced fizzle frustration until you've set up for a huge hit with your Life wizard and fizzled attempting to cast your 90% base accuracy Forest Lord!
What??? Life wizards don't fizzle? Oh yeah they do but only at the most inopportune moment!
I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you here. In my four years of experience with Wizard101, 100% accuracy has always been just that, and if someone's stats or enchantments give the spell they intend to cast a 100% accuracy or greater, they will not fizzle unless there's a negative charm involved. Maybe those times you fizzled you thought you had 100% accuracy, but were just slightly under. And since all wand hits are 100% accurate, there was most likely a negative charm on you that was somehow glitched invisible (which I have seen happen), or you don't recall it being there. As I said before, 100% accuracy has always been 100% in my experience, so I don't mean to offend you with my skepticism, but I feel there may have been other reasons why you fizzled at those times.

In answer to the OP -- Fizzles do not increase as you raise in level, but they will decrease when you increase your accuracy stats with gear, and/or boost your accuracy by using Astral spells.

Wolf Windrider
Keepin' it imaginary

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010

Thanks for reading.
No, your just getting hit by a little thing called RNG (Random Number Generator). If your fizzling to much try getting some accuracy gear until you think the RNG kings are ready to stop giving you such bad luck.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Errol Everhart on Jun 10, 2015 wrote:
I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you here. In my four years of experience with Wizard101, 100% accuracy has always been just that, and if someone's stats or enchantments give the spell they intend to cast a 100% accuracy or greater, they will not fizzle unless there's a negative charm involved. Maybe those times you fizzled you thought you had 100% accuracy, but were just slightly under. And since all wand hits are 100% accurate, there was most likely a negative charm on you that was somehow glitched invisible (which I have seen happen), or you don't recall it being there. As I said before, 100% accuracy has always been 100% in my experience, so I don't mean to offend you with my skepticism, but I feel there may have been other reasons why you fizzled at those times.

In answer to the OP -- Fizzles do not increase as you raise in level, but they will decrease when you increase your accuracy stats with gear, and/or boost your accuracy by using Astral spells.

Wolf Windrider
Keepin' it imaginary
I agree. I haven't fizzled in ages except when hit with a debuff. You can most certainly get to a fizzle proof base, though enemies still have ways to mess with us

Look for accuracy boosting gear, jewels, and pet talents.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Errol Everhart on Jun 10, 2015 wrote:

Wolf Windrider
Keepin' it imaginary
You're free to disagree but it happened. I appreciate that you're skeptical but it happened. It's happened to me and I've seen it happen to others. No de-buffs, no negatives, no dispels, nothing that would indicate there should be any penalty to accuracy rating. A fizzle on a 100% wand hit. I've also had occasions where I've fizzled with my Life wizard - base 90% accuracy on most attacks - and enough accuracy buffs on gear to put my rating at well over 120%. I suppose the invisible charm glitch theory has merit but there was certainly no animation to indicate any negative effect was taking place. And when you think about it, because something like this might exist it indicates that there is no such thing as a guaranteed 100%.