Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Treasure Find Elixir

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 03, 2011
Hi everyone!

I've (finally) just finished collecting all the Darkmoor gear for my life wizard and it got me thinking as to how it could be a little easier for wizards to get their gear too! As everyone knows the Darkmoor gear is arguably the best gear for wizards in the game right now, and so it's expected to have low drop rates. However it is very disheartening to battle your way through the huge challenge that is the Darkmoor dungeon, just to finish and not receive a single piece of gear, and many wizards don't have time due to school or work to keep farming.

I'm suggesting that a Treasure Find Elixir should be introduced to the crown shop! This elixir, when bought, increases your chances of finding rare gear, such as the Darkmoor gear. The elixir would be available in the crown shop for a reasonable amount of crowns, as the gear still isn't guranteed, just more likely of being dropped. I believe that this would help out a lot of wizards that don't have the resources or time to endlessly farm bosses and dungeons in gaining not only the Darkmoor gear but also other rare drops around the spiral!

- Charles Lvl 100 Theurgist

Delver
Aug 31, 2012
I totally agree! After over a month of farming, I've finally gotten all the Darkmoor gear for my life. Some people are luckier, some are unluckier. It really does disappoint me when for a long period of time, I don't get any drops I need. It gets even harder to get your gear when you are so close to completing your set. Darkmoor itself is very difficult. First of all it is hard enough finding an accepting team if you are new to Darkmoor, all people look for are "Jades". Sometimes I would take hours looking for people of certain schools. The next hard part is actually getting past the bosses. If your team is well prepared and cooperates well, then you can finish Darkmoor. After hours of finding a team and getting past the bosses, you have to rely on luck on getting the drops. These are the reasons why many people complain about farming Darkmoor. The treasure find elixir will actually make your efforts worth it. KI should totally add this to the game .

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
If the drops are too low, raise them for everyone, not just the rich kids. Too much is for sale already. We don't need more pay-to-win. We need more fun.

Explorer
May 19, 2014
Jack Stormrider on Jun 5, 2015 wrote:
Hi everyone!

I've (finally) just finished collecting all the Darkmoor gear for my life wizard and it got me thinking as to how it could be a little easier for wizards to get their gear too! As everyone knows the Darkmoor gear is arguably the best gear for wizards in the game right now, and so it's expected to have low drop rates. However it is very disheartening to battle your way through the huge challenge that is the Darkmoor dungeon, just to finish and not receive a single piece of gear, and many wizards don't have time due to school or work to keep farming.

I'm suggesting that a Treasure Find Elixir should be introduced to the crown shop! This elixir, when bought, increases your chances of finding rare gear, such as the Darkmoor gear. The elixir would be available in the crown shop for a reasonable amount of crowns, as the gear still isn't guranteed, just more likely of being dropped. I believe that this would help out a lot of wizards that don't have the resources or time to endlessly farm bosses and dungeons in gaining not only the Darkmoor gear but also other rare drops around the spiral!

- Charles Lvl 100 Theurgist
Well i'm not 100 yet so i have no input on Darkmoor.

But i do have input on the "Treasure" find elixir

Looking at the name i think this is more suited towards pirate101 than wizard101. People would get the wrong idea that the thing gives you directions to TC vendors or something.

Chance increase of finding rare gear. People would just keep getting rare gear from other schools and that. And seems unfair for those people who spent their entire holiday trying to grab waterworks or atlantea gear and etc. (not me for sure)

many people who don't get "gear" go in expect the gear but get something somewhat better than the gear, let's say mega pet snack or rare reagents and that.

Oh and final point. If this starts helping someone to find gear then find rare drops (exclude gear) then getting drops when you're there for the gear isn't really gonna help.

Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
I would love this because it is very fair and it will put many players at peace of mind. If this is for any level of player i will start a partition for this because it's an amazing idea!!!!!!!!

Explorer
Sep 26, 2013
Gemma, although Wizard101 is a game, KI is a business. You would still be able to farm (just like you do now) Darkmoor and around the spiral without the elixir however, if someone chooses to buy it (with crowns) for a better drop rate, then it's their choice. It's not a pay to win issue, it's a pay to increase the rare drop rate for your wizard. There is no difference between this idea of a Treasure Find Elixir and all the other existing elixirs found in the crown shop already.

Survivor
Apr 01, 2010
Logan Silversword on Jul 11, 2015 wrote:
Gemma, although Wizard101 is a game, KI is a business. You would still be able to farm (just like you do now) Darkmoor and around the spiral without the elixir however, if someone chooses to buy it (with crowns) for a better drop rate, then it's their choice. It's not a pay to win issue, it's a pay to increase the rare drop rate for your wizard. There is no difference between this idea of a Treasure Find Elixir and all the other existing elixirs found in the crown shop already.
KI may be a business but gemma is right here. We already pay a subscription and the items in the crowns store are over priced. paying twice to play a game is not exactly fun. Its really the only thing I don't like about the game.

Explorer
Sep 26, 2013
I see your point, however it is really no different than Farmville which is free but if you want "extra" items, you can pay real money. Also, it doesn't hurt any other players if you buy something from the crown shop that helps your play or drops. Others can choose to not utilize the crown shop and be no worse off then they are now. If it's worth it, buy it. If you want to farm for hours with the same chance of anybody else getting rare drops, so be it. It's always good to have choices. I believe the price of Wizard101 is fair especially for the diversity of things to do and the maintenance they do to keep the game up to date and enjoyable.