Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The measuring system of Jewels

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 15, 2011
Today I've gotten into quite a debate as to whether or not damage and resist jewels add to your percentage given by gear and pets. And as I have already stated, it doesn't. Not only have I stated this, but even Professor Greyrose has. Yet, there are still people willing to make an argument saying otherwise. So let me give you an example, damage jewels.
As you may have already seen, the damage jewels give a numerical value

ex: + 22

This is not a percentage. lets say you cast Efreet, If you deal 895 damage without the jewel, once you add it to a piece of gear later, the damage will increase to 917 .

Same with resist jewels. They don't knock off percentages, but subtract mere points.

Jewels that give percentages like pierce or accuracy for example, will have the percentage symbol near its digit. Please don't be mistaken or mislead. Not all jewels give percentages. If you need to see for yourself, simply check your stats and the jewels that are affixed to your gear. Or check other posts for Greyrose's confirmation.

-Seth Glade
Exalted pyromancer