Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Actions required before defeating a boss?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 14, 2011
Has anyone else had trouble with quests where you have to Use X, which summons X boss that you then have to defeat? My experience was in the Celestia quest Inevitable Betrayal, where you have to use a pedestal, which summons the creature version of Karolak Nightspinner, who you then have to defeat. I was questing with two other people, and they both sped through the dialogue and used the pedestal before I finished talking to Karolak, summoning him and drawing me into battle. We defeated him, and I noticed my quest arrow said to use a pedestal.
Basically, the fact that a boss can be summoned before all players who entered on the sigil complete a required action causes problems. I had to fight that boss again. A similar thing happened with one of the bosses in Grizzleheim, but I can't remember which.

Anyone else run into problems like this?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Yeah, a similar thing can happen when you free the Gurtok Barrier Demon in Ravenscar, if the battle is started by someone before you have a chance to use the Brazier.