Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Roommates!?!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
My friend and I were looking at houses together and we were thinking about how cool it would be if the game developers put in an update to where we'd be able to be roommates. Is there talk or has anyone suggested the idea? It would be really cool and I know a lot of people would like it.

Explorer
Jun 04, 2011
Most people would discourage this ideas because maybe the roommate is feeling like a troll and resetting the house or stealing housing items. Maybe if you knew this person in real life it would be possible, but then again some people do not know each other in real life…

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Adriaan2000 on May 26, 2015 wrote:
Most people would discourage this ideas because maybe the roommate is feeling like a troll and resetting the house or stealing housing items. Maybe if you knew this person in real life it would be possible, but then again some people do not know each other in real life…
Don't be a roommate with someone you don't trust completely. It's as easy as that. Of course you wouldn't need to have roommates.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
What is the up-side to it? Having a roommate could be disastrous (just like irl). Unless individual items were somehow linked to the person who placed them I can see disputes arising regarding ownership of property. Also, something like this would throw the gardening mechanic into total chaos. Schedules would have to be set for visiting hours so as to not trigger gardening needs inadvertently. Bank and Shared Bank capacities would have to be adjusted or at the very least there would need to be separate banks for each roomie. And then there's the attic... a normal house only has one attic. Too many potential problematic issues.
My 2-cents: I'd have to vote NO on something like this. It looks like more trouble than it's worth.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
what if the cost of the house could be split among however many players wanted to room together and the trading would be like card trade where both players would have to agree to it, also what if the player who owned the item could be the only one to move it in the house?

Explorer
Jan 15, 2013
UltraChase on May 26, 2015 wrote:
My friend and I were looking at houses together and we were thinking about how cool it would be if the game developers put in an update to where we'd be able to be roommates. Is there talk or has anyone suggested the idea? It would be really cool and I know a lot of people would like it.
As long as you would be able to choose who your roomate is, I think this is an awesome idea!

Defender
Sep 20, 2008
Having a system like this seems like it would be more trouble than it's worth, but in another game I play, it's possible to distribute house keys to your friends, so they can visit it when it's offline and use the facilities and things there. Something along those lines seems reasonable to have.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2014
as long as they're not allowed touch furniture plants and etc that isn't their id be down for it

Defender
Dec 30, 2011
UltraChase on May 26, 2015 wrote:
That would be really cool!!! But the only thing that i wouldnt want is they cant move the furniture you put in the room. But it wouldbe really cool if they had control on the house to to put stuff of their own stuff in the house.