Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Error 141

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 15, 2014
Hello everyone,

For the past two days i have been getting an error 141 after I enter my username and password and click play. It doesn't get past the connecting to patch server the redirects me to the error 141 page. I have done as the message says and still nothing. I have sent in a ticket about the problem and have done everything from disabling my firewall and anti-virus program to uninstalling and reinstalling the game itself. I have two computers that run the game and neither can get past connecting to patch server. I have two current accounts that are linked and went as far as making a new account to see if that would help and still the same problem. I created a pirates101 account with the same username as my wizards101 account and can log in to and play pirates101 with no problems.

Was wondering if anyone else has had this problem before and could give me some advice while I wait for the support team to figure out what is wrong. I was able to play the game two days ago (May 19th, 2015) but haven't been able to get back on since I logged off that day.

Thanks in advance for any advice fellow gamers.

Administrator
Hello,

The most common issue for a 141 error after an update is usually due to your Firewall. Please verify that your firewall allows both the Wizard101 Launcher and Wizard101 game to access the Internet. If your software asks for specific port numbers, please allow TCP and UDP ports 12000 through 12999.

If allowing these files and ports does not work, you can also try temporarily disabling your firewall to see if this allows you access to Wizard101.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jun 15, 2014
I tried to disable my firewall and same results error 141. I even temporarily disabled my anti-virus program with the same results with both the firewall and security programs temporarily disabled. What doesn't make any sense to me (granted I am not an expert on this matter) is how it has effective both my computers when trying to connect to wizard101 but I can still connect to Pirate101 without a problem. Thanks for the advice and if you have any others suggestions for me to try it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
NKorn001 on May 23, 2015 wrote:
I tried to disable my firewall and same results error 141. I even temporarily disabled my anti-virus program with the same results with both the firewall and security programs temporarily disabled. What doesn't make any sense to me (granted I am not an expert on this matter) is how it has effective both my computers when trying to connect to wizard101 but I can still connect to Pirate101 without a problem. Thanks for the advice and if you have any others suggestions for me to try it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
At one time, I used to take my lap top to work in order to play wizard101. After an update, I got the error 141, but only if i logged on at work. After a bit of research, I learned it could possibly be the firewall settings of the wifi. Since I could not contact our IT department to complain about not being able to play a game, I just stopped taking my laptop to work. (It would have gotten me in trouble anyway).

Since you are having this problem at your home, I would suggest checking the firewall settings of your modem, not your virus scan. If you do have a firewall active, just try disabling it briefly. That might be what is stopping you from playing the game. If you have trouble with finding the settings to your modem, contact your provider. They should be able to walk you through it.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2014
Problem solved, just needed to wait for the next client update. Tried to log in again today and was able to play again.