Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Encourage secondary school play after Level 60

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
After Waterworks, you are heavily discouraged from using non-primary schools in an offensive capacity ever again. It's clear-cut, there's no point in debating it.

I would very much appreciate it if this trend could be curbed in future updates. When I started playing, one of my favorite parts of the game was that although you chose a school, you were not confined to playing that school only. You could mix it up. There were actual advantages to doing so. The world really felt smaller after the game became all about school specialization. So, I'd like it very much if the development staff would consider steering the game back in the direction of variety. It would really help break us out of these cookie-cutter molds we've been falling into lately.

Here are some suggestions I believe would help:
  • Create better Hybrid School gear. This could be new gear sets that naturally support multi-school play, or it could be something creative like melding stats between items of different schools.

• Let us train the Rank 7-10 spells. They could simply be added to the professors. Another option is to make Rank 7-10 spells craftable at Legendary Artisan (because it would require Level 60). Treasure card versions of these spells are nearly always inferior to sun-enchanted spells, which discourages people from using them.

• Consider creating rare drop school mastery jewels. Mastery jewels should exist. That doesn't mean amulets become useless though. Do what you have to in order to make mastery amulets still worthwhile, such as level-limiting mastery jewels, or creating new socket shapes that only appear in mastery amulets for socketing additional mastery jewels. (That's right, you could have a Life Amulet with a socketed Myth Mastery jewel. Make it 'no PvP' if you have to. The point is, I think it's time to explore the possibility of multi-school mastery in high level play.)

• Create some new badges. Kind of a fringe benefit, but people love badges. For instance, if someone trains all the Rank 7 spells, they might get "Master of Syncretism."

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
Yes, after level 60 most spells about other schools you use are either heals or damage boosts like Feint. And I support your ideas. However, I don't know if people should be allowed to train Rank 7-10 spells . . . Because they're spell quests. The spells that make each school unique. I guess KI could make Rank 7-10 spells available to everyone.

If I'm not being clear enough (which I honestly don't think I am), what I mean is: having an update or 2 about lower levels and polishing what is already done. Making new spells IMO is beneficial to everyone, specially if everyone can get them.

About the Jewel Mastery, I'm not sure if you meant you can only have either a Mastery Amulet or Jewel, or you can master both. Say an with a and amulet. Not sure if that second one would kind of OP though . . .

In conclusion, I support all 4 of your ideas.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Lucas, this goes along with this suggestion I made about a year ago, which talked about dual school decks and sun/moon blades/traps/shields

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/mastery-expansion-8ad6a41a4592dec30145af0fe3974c63?reset=1

I agree dual school needs to be expanded for players since monsters have dual school spells that you can't get anywhere except from TC. One example is some monsters with storm mastery, have Leviathan and/or Tempest; both of which are quest only spells

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
I do not want that. Multiple mastery would be OP. We can get spells as drops, on pets, from items, or as TC. That's enough. There's a lot of variety. Mastering the game should be using ones own school to best effect, not throwing all together. Let each class maintain its individuality. Please stop trying to make us all the same or give everyone everything.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Gemma Luna on May 20, 2015 wrote:
I do not want that. Multiple mastery would be OP. We can get spells as drops, on pets, from items, or as TC. That's enough. There's a lot of variety. Mastering the game should be using ones own school to best effect, not throwing all together. Let each class maintain its individuality. Please stop trying to make us all the same or give everyone everything.
Nowhere in this proposal is there something that would make everyone the same or give everyone everything. Actually, it would do far more to increase individuality in ways that currently do not exist, as players are exceedingly cookie-cutter right now. "Class individuality" is a bit of an oxymoron. If you could demonstrate a way in which high level play would be crippled, that might be helpful, but I doubt there would be any real drawbacks other than learning a few new strategies.

It would improve the depth and breadth of gameplay. The scope of "one's own school" could be broadened to encompass more than one school.

And, as an ancillary benefit, it would cut down a lot on dungeon cherry-picking if players could train high level spells which currently are one of the main deciding factors in whether someone will abandon your team.