Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why gardeners have to be max lvl

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 20, 2012
Just wanting to ask KI why gardeners have to be almost max lvl in the game to get the good gardening spells?? I am rank 17 and the vendors don"t show up for me because my char isnt in the area yet but I'm still a lvl 69 in the game. Not sure why gardeners can't just enjoy all the gardening experience especially when we work so hard at it :(

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Green thumbs on May 2, 2015 wrote:
Just wanting to ask KI why gardeners have to be almost max lvl in the game to get the good gardening spells?? I am rank 17 and the vendors don"t show up for me because my char isnt in the area yet but I'm still a lvl 69 in the game. Not sure why gardeners can't just enjoy all the gardening experience especially when we work so hard at it :(
This may be a dumb question but have you trained all of the spells that ARE available to you? It's possible that you can't train higher level spells because you haven't obtained all of the lower level spells that lead up to them. A few spells have prerequisite spells that must be trained prior to training the next rank and this might be true of gardening spells as well.
Generally speaking, the spell sequence in gardening is similar to normal spells. You'll rarely get a pest that you're not equipped to handle with the spells available to you. There are exceptions but again, they're rare.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Green thumbs on May 2, 2015 wrote:
It's a limiting factor in the game. You must free the higher level gardeners in order for them to teach you. You can be level 100 and still not have access to the vendors until you have finished the quests that free the gardeners to teach you. It's no different than learning school spells, you must have access to areas and complete quests to get those as well, it's not just level.