Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Curious about a pet combo I did

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
I got my death pet from the level 48 death quest earlier today, and I got it up to Adult. I have a golden ram as well, which is a myth pet from the crowns shop, and it was at Ancient, so I decided to mix the two.

I am too impatient to wait for the time it takes to hatch to figure out what kind of pet I have, anyone know?

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
It is most likely a copy of one parent or the other. It may have a higher pedigree than one of the parents, so it could learn better skills. It is possible that it could be a copy of one parent but have some of the other parents skills, like a ram with a few death school skills. Very, very, rarely you could get a hybrid. Now the important thing to realize is that only certain pairs of pets can even make hybrids, and even then the chance of getting a hybrid egg is horribly low. Then there is the fact that KI apparently outright sells hybrid pets occasionally. Last Halloween they had the nightmare in the crown shop. The original way to get a nightmare was to cross a helephant (lvl48 fire school quest pet) with a unicorn pet. If I saw a hybrid that I wanted, in the crown shop, I would buy it. A sure thing beats a mere chance any day.

The problems are:
1. KI isn't telling us which pet combinations make hybrids, they want the players to figure it out themselves.
2. even if you do have a pair that is confirmed to make a hybrid, you can hatch them over a hundred times and just get a copy of one of the parents each and every time.

So, you could have a pair that makes an undiscovered hybrid. Or you could have two pets that cannot produce a hybrid with each other. How much gold are you willing to spend?

On another note, all the lvl48 school quest pets can produce hybrids when hatched with each other, It still may take over a hundred hatches to actually get one, but at least you would know for certain that it is possible.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Fred ShadowWhisper on Apr 26, 2015 wrote:
I got my death pet from the level 48 death quest earlier today, and I got it up to Adult. I have a golden ram as well, which is a myth pet from the crowns shop, and it was at Ancient, so I decided to mix the two.

I am too impatient to wait for the time it takes to hatch to figure out what kind of pet I have, anyone know?
FYI - if either of the parent pets offers a pet spell card (example: gives 1 XXX card at baby) I believe it will show up in the pet screen regardless of whether the egg has actually hatched yet or not. This will be a dead giveaway as to what your new pet is going to be because pet-specific spell cards don't transfer with the talent pool.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
So Fred, don't leave us hanging... what did you get?

Defender
Mar 28, 2011
TucsonWizard on May 1, 2015 wrote:
So Fred, don't leave us hanging... what did you get?
A golden ram hatches in 5 minutes. Bet it was a Wraith ;)