Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Personal traps

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 13, 2012
Ever get tired of someone taking your feint? Or any of the traps you put on a enemy, hoping that you've saved enough so you can one shot? Well So do I! I propose person trap spells, not new spells, not new traps but instead just a spell to put over it. Being in group battles was aggravating until now!
There should be a new spell that you can cast on existing towers that allow you and only you to use that tower!

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Okay, so you're envisioning a spell like Cloak that you can use to enchant a trap so that other players can't mess up your strategy.

That's not bad in theory, but I have some questions for you.
  • How game-destroying is trap-stealing?
  • How many people would you estimate experience this on a regular basis?
  • What kind of players are stealing traps most often? (e.g., Are they mainly low-level? Menu-chat users?)
  • Does this need to be a spell, or can it be something different, like an option?
  • If it's a spell, do you have to use training points to learn this spell?
  • How much better would you say this option/spell would be, compared to using the chat to express ownership of a trap?

Explorer
Sep 27, 2014
loriistired on Apr 23, 2015 wrote:
Ever get tired of someone taking your feint? Or any of the traps you put on a enemy, hoping that you've saved enough so you can one shot? Well So do I! I propose person trap spells, not new spells, not new traps but instead just a spell to put over it. Being in group battles was aggravating until now!
There should be a new spell that you can cast on existing towers that allow you and only you to use that tower!
I do appreciate that you specify that it would basically be an enchantment to an existing trap. There are times when I place a trap to help a team member (any team member), and times when I want to use it myself. An "Exclusify" enchantment would be valuable in these cases.

I don't think it will happen, though. Many will suggest that's what blades are for. :shrug:

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
While I hate trap wasting that can sometimes occur, usually by accident or inexperience, I think this kind of enchant would be counter to team play. It encourages selfish play rather than teamwork.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Unfortunately it's not always realistic to expect your feint to go un-used for any length of time. And if it's used in a way that's wasted (wand hit for example) then you know you're fighting with an inexperienced wizard so just try to plan ahead, watch their pip-count and hope against hope they don't wand it again. Casting order can be significant too. Being first in line can be huge. Sometimes easier said than done I know but that's the way it goes. And usually when it goes this way it's with a menu-chatter so it's virtually impossible to communicate your dissatisfaction.
It would seem that at higher levels this shouldn't be a problem but that's not always true which is even more maddening.