Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Socket Wrenches

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 29, 2009
This might be slightly off topic, but it is connected to the new "Jewel Crafting". Has body found any of these socket wrenches so far, or maybe a recipe to make them?

Edit: spelling corrections.

Survivor
Nov 19, 2012
Administrator
zechsy on Apr 22, 2015 wrote:
you have to pay 75 crowns to unlock socket wrence
Hello,

To clarify, you can either use crowns OR a socket wrench to unlock jewel sockets on your items.

Socket wrenches are obtained by defeating bosses.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Jul 29, 2009
Professor Greyrose on Apr 22, 2015 wrote:
Hello,

To clarify, you can either use crowns OR a socket wrench to unlock jewel sockets on your items.

So I read but are they ultra-rare or something, because I haven't gotten any, seen anyone get one, or even heard of somebody getting one yet.

Survivor
Nov 26, 2010
RaiTaebeck on Apr 22, 2015 wrote:
This might be slightly off topic, but it is connected to the new "Jewel Crafting". Has body found any of these socket wrenches so far, or maybe a recipe to make them?

Edit: spelling corrections.
I actually just got a socket wrench from a boss in Dragonspyre today. There apparently is a lot of bosses that have a chance to drop them, but its very rare that they do.

Survivor
Jan 16, 2012
Where are the bosses to get the socket wrenches? I have looked all over my quest finder and running thru different worlds.... Where are they? How do you get anything higher than level 15 gear?

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
Professor Greyrose
Can you help me. I'm struggling to understand the new jewel crafting. I don't know how you start leveling up from Novice Jewel crafter. Also I go to buy jewel recipes from Eudora but she only has recipes for rings etc, are we meant to buy low level gear and socket it to move forward or do we progrees by buying jewel recipes, craft the m and socket them to progress.
Some wizards I've played with are also a little confused.
Sorry this is a little off topic

Survivor
May 11, 2014
How do we find these bosses? A lvl 50 wizard shouldn't have to redo all of Wiz City or Krok just to find the boss, just like a lvl 100 wizard shouldnt have to repeat all of Dragonspyre to find the boss they need for the socket to be fit.

Administrator
Enlightened One on Apr 23, 2015 wrote:
Professor Greyrose
Can you help me. I'm struggling to understand the new jewel crafting. I don't know how you start leveling up from Novice Jewel crafter. Also I go to buy jewel recipes from Eudora but she only has recipes for rings etc, are we meant to buy low level gear and socket it to move forward or do we progrees by buying jewel recipes, craft the m and socket them to progress.
Some wizards I've played with are also a little confused.
Sorry this is a little off topic
Make sure you do Katherine Rockhammer's introduction quest. It will explain some more about jewel crafting.

Jewel Crafting is not a separate level from regular crafting. You will need to complete your crafting quests to raise your level.

You can read more in the Jewel Crafting section here:

https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/update-notes/april2015

community@wizard101.com
Champion
Jun 26, 2009
Morganthe dropped an artisan for me. I've done maybe 30 runs since the update. I didn't want to use it I just put it on my wall.

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
Professor Greyrose on Apr 23, 2015 wrote:
Make sure you do Katherine Rockhammer's introduction quest. It will explain some more about jewel crafting.

Jewel Crafting is not a separate level from regular crafting. You will need to complete your crafting quests to raise your level.

You can read more in the Jewel Crafting section here:

https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/update-notes/april2015
Thanks Professor Greyrose!
So If I understand you correctly if I have a transcendent level crafter, I can go to that level recipe seller and buy the equivelent level jewel recipe?

Survivor
Sep 04, 2014
Professor Greyrose on Apr 22, 2015 wrote:
Hello,

anyone know exactly what bosses pay them out or is that a need to find out for yourself thing?

Really want some socket wrenches as i have already bought the socket unlocks on one aflame
but don't want to on other items because i intend to replace them with a better item and don't
want to have to keep paying to unlock them all after replacing them.

Defender
Oct 22, 2012
protectorian0101 on Apr 24, 2015 wrote:
anyone know exactly what bosses pay them out or is that a need to find out for yourself thing?

Really want some socket wrenches as i have already bought the socket unlocks on one aflame
but don't want to on other items because i intend to replace them with a better item and don't
want to have to keep paying to unlock them all after replacing them.
It is still early and people over on central are trying to put together a list there. But it appears to be mainly end of world bosses that have a chance of them.You will need to try for the nearest level boss to your wizard and equipment to get the right socket wrench though.

Survivor
May 16, 2009
Okay so basically it works like this (pretty sure):
-We have Jewels
-We have items with Sockets (Rings, Athames, Decks, and Amulets)
-Like Prof Greyrose said, Jewel level corresponds to crafting level. Does this mean we have to be that crafting level to CRAFT the recipe for said level, or socket them entirely?
-Some (many at higher levels) Sockets will be locked
-In order to unlock these, you must EITHER pay Crowns (scales depending on level, 150 is currently the max) or receive a Wrench drop from select bosses throughout the Spiral
-Currently everyone is in the process of discovering who these people are, just give them time, we'll find the Wrenches
-But remember, there are multiple types of Wrenches (I believe 5?), each viable for a different level, not sure of level ranges, likely on the update notes
-You need a Wrench that is of YOUR LEVEL in order for it to work. So if you are level 100, you need an Artisan's Wrench, others will not work.
Hopefully this was explained well enough, some confirmation from Professor would be nice. Plus there's a question italicized in there.

Defender
Oct 22, 2012
For those looking for socket wrenches check central. The list seems complete on drops.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
David EarthShield on Apr 25, 2015 wrote:
Okay so basically it works like this (pretty sure):
-We have Jewels
-We have items with Sockets (Rings, Athames, Decks, and Amulets)
-Like Prof Greyrose said, Jewel level corresponds to crafting level. Does this mean we have to be that crafting level to CRAFT the recipe for said level, or socket them entirely?
-Some (many at higher levels) Sockets will be locked
-In order to unlock these, you must EITHER pay Crowns (scales depending on level, 150 is currently the max) or receive a Wrench drop from select bosses throughout the Spiral
-Currently everyone is in the process of discovering who these people are, just give them time, we'll find the Wrenches
-But remember, there are multiple types of Wrenches (I believe 5?), each viable for a different level, not sure of level ranges, likely on the update notes
-You need a Wrench that is of YOUR LEVEL in order for it to work. So if you are level 100, you need an Artisan's Wrench, others will not work.
Hopefully this was explained well enough, some confirmation from Professor would be nice. Plus there's a question italicized in there.
Socketing doesn't require crafting, only creating jewels does. Also socket wrenches depend on the ITEM level, NOT YOUR level.

Explorer
Jun 06, 2013
I got a gold one from Morganthe. I hung it on my wall. If I were to use it, would it become a housing item after or would it disappear?
Also I wanted to mention it only cost 45 crowns to add a jewel on my level 35 char's deck. I was expecting way more than that so I was satisfied. What are the prices to open up the other levels?

Survivor
Aug 01, 2010
Socket Wrenches are only dropped by Meowiarty in Big Ben. You can check up on that on the wiki.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
MONEYMAN123788 on Jun 3, 2015 wrote:
Socket Wrenches are only dropped by Meowiarty in Big Ben. You can check up on that on the wiki.
Meowiarty might be the only boss in Marleybone that drops a Socket Wrench but he's by no means the only boss that drops them. They're all over the Spiral. I won't provide any spoilers because you can find all the info on the Wiki, but I will say that one of them is a big green pachyderm.

Survivor
Jan 03, 2015
Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Robertracoon on Jul 5, 2015 wrote:
So what is the easiest way to get it?
There's no "easiest" way to get them. Each level wrench is dropped by only one or 2 bosses, mostly end world bosses.
  • Novice = Krokopatra & Meowiarty
  • Adept = Mika Skarka & Jade Oni
  • Expert = Tse-tse Snaketail
  • Master = Pendragon & Malistaire the Undying
  • Artisan = Morganthe

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
Survivor
Mar 24, 2012
I have a question - do socket wrenches expire once you use them? I want to know if I can just use it or if I need to choose what to use it on.

Administrator
BenjaminGiantThief on Sep 25, 2015 wrote:
I have a question - do socket wrenches expire once you use them? I want to know if I can just use it or if I need to choose what to use it on.
Socket wrenches are one time use only. So after you use it, it will disappear.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Mar 02, 2013