Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Annoying Bosses (A companion to Annoying Spells)

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 03, 2011
Have you ever fought a boss and he/she cheats and one of the following 2 things happen: You die before you cast a spell that could've killed the boss, or the boss doesn't die, but could've died if he/she didn't cheat. Well, let me give you some names of annoying bosses and tips to avoid being killed in a duel between you and a cheating boss:

Jabberwock: Avalon Fire Boss, does 1700-2500 Meteor Strike
Ptolemos: Celestia Star Boss, shields himself with a -90 Tower Shield
Belloq: Zafaria Balance Boss, does 1200-1700 Ra
(I forgot his name.): Marleybone Life Boss, does 500-700 Rebirth to himself and minion

And the tips:

1. Shield yourself as much as you can until you get enough pips to attack.
2. If you have resistance, use only 3 shields on yourself, then trap and blade until you attack.
3. Trap and blade, then heal under any low-health circumstances.
4. Buy or train Death health draining spells to damage and heal, and use in the duel.
5. Try increase all your attack and defense stats to take as much low damage as possible.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Oni Slayer on Apr 21, 2015 wrote:
Have you ever fought a boss and he/she cheats and one of the following 2 things happen: You die before you cast a spell that could've killed the boss, or the boss doesn't die, but could've died if he/she didn't cheat. Well, let me give you some names of annoying bosses and tips to avoid being killed in a duel between you and a cheating boss:

(I forgot his name.): Marleybone Life Boss, does 500-700 Rebirth to himself and minion

And the tips:

2. If you have resistance, use only 3 shields on yourself, then trap and blade until you attack.
4. Buy or train Death health draining spells to damage and heal, and use in the duel.
5. Try increase all your attack and defense stats to take as much low damage as possible.
While this is good generic advise, it doesn't work in the case of Belloq - you MUST cast a spell each round or he casts Ra. If you take the time to heal/shield, etc., you die. It's as simple as that. I beat him easily when I loaded my deck with 1 pip spells and 2 pip DoT spells.

The idea of the cheating bosses is to get you to do adapt and change your playing style to each boss.

Survivor
Mar 21, 2013
I actually remember (I had a different account) that I had a lvl 72.. I believe fire wizard. The ONE thing I disliked about Wizard101 was the elephant guy in zafaria, where if you don't attack him every single round, he shoots up a Ra and basically wrecks your whole team!

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Oni Slayer on Apr 21, 2015 wrote:

And the tips:

Jabberwock: Time your attacks to hit every other time he places the trap on himself. He removes on even rounds so attack on 7, 13, 19...
Ptolemos: Steal or Pierce his shield.
Belloq: Use Fire-Elf TC to keep Ra away, as long as he takes damage every round he won't Ra.

As for most annoying, I hate Tymen WhiteFlame when soloing. The 2 rounds stun when healing plus the Mana Burn every 3 rounds make it near impossible to solo without minions or henchmen to take the Mana Burns.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Ptolemos is easy, the shield is removed if you blade. The others I consider irritating as well.

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
lewski on Apr 22, 2015 wrote:
Ptolemos is easy, the shield is removed if you blade. The others I consider irritating as well.
yea when you blade he says something like singing or blade your way into his heart O:

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
RavenLady777 on Apr 21, 2015 wrote:
While this is good generic advise, it doesn't work in the case of Belloq - you MUST cast a spell each round or he casts Ra. If you take the time to heal/shield, etc., you die. It's as simple as that. I beat him easily when I loaded my deck with 1 pip spells and 2 pip DoT spells.

The idea of the cheating bosses is to get you to do adapt and change your playing style to each boss.
Yes, but he is still one of the cheating bosses, right? No matter what the purpose of attack, no attack, defense, no defense, blade, no blade, any boss who does something right before/after that and doesn't use up any pips is a cheating boss.

Defender
Jan 15, 2014
Another boss with the 90 shield is astraeus. I don't think you mistaked the one you said for astraeus but astraeus has it too. Plus astraeus always adds more people to the fight.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Oni Slayer on Apr 22, 2015 wrote:
Yes, but he is still one of the cheating bosses, right? No matter what the purpose of attack, no attack, defense, no defense, blade, no blade, any boss who does something right before/after that and doesn't use up any pips is a cheating boss.
Yes, he is a cheating boss. RavenLady never said otherwise. She just said that your advice is bad to use against him, as you'll get a super-Ra in the face if you start shielding instead of attacking.

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
lewski on Apr 23, 2015 wrote:
Yes, he is a cheating boss. RavenLady never said otherwise. She just said that your advice is bad to use against him, as you'll get a super-Ra in the face if you start shielding instead of attacking.
Alright, I'll change Belloq to another boss, since he does a cheat after a wizard passes the round...only I don't know any other bosses who cheat. Anybody got ideas?

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Oni Slayer on Apr 23, 2015 wrote:
Alright, I'll change Belloq to another boss, since he does a cheat after a wizard passes the round...only I don't know any other bosses who cheat. Anybody got ideas?
There are tons of bosses that cheat. Ervin the Barbarian & Taurus the Clever, Lyon Lorestriker, Young Morganthe, Luska Charmbeak, Sylster Glowstorm, the list goes on.

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
lewski on Apr 24, 2015 wrote:
There are tons of bosses that cheat. Ervin the Barbarian & Taurus the Clever, Lyon Lorestriker, Young Morganthe, Luska Charmbeak, Sylster Glowstorm, the list goes on.
Does Loremaster count? Her Font of Strength does give her a +50% Balance Blade. So is it the font that cheats, or Loremaster, looking at the list, not at the battle.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Oni Slayer on Apr 24, 2015 wrote:
Does Loremaster count? Her Font of Strength does give her a +50% Balance Blade. So is it the font that cheats, or Loremaster, looking at the list, not at the battle.
I'd say it's the Font, but others might think otherwise.

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
The new boss aphrodite, SPAM SPAM LIKE YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT.(because it does)

The best way to do it is to pack in your all hit spells and some gargantuans then just go for it, with a life healing occasionally.

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
lewski on Apr 25, 2015 wrote:
I'd say it's the Font, but others might think otherwise.
Since the Font assists Loremaster, then if you look at the list and at its very details, it would be: "Font", while just taking a first glance, it would be "Loremaster", if I am correct from these 2 perspectives.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Oni Slayer on Apr 26, 2015 wrote:
Since the Font assists Loremaster, then if you look at the list and at its very details, it would be: "Font", while just taking a first glance, it would be "Loremaster", if I am correct from these 2 perspectives.
It's funny, because on the wiki, the cheat is listed on both the Loremaster and the Font of Strength pages, implying that it's the Font that cheats, but it still feels like it's a cheat of Loremaster's.

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
lewski on Apr 27, 2015 wrote:
It's funny, because on the wiki, the cheat is listed on both the Loremaster and the Font of Strength pages, implying that it's the Font that cheats, but it still feels like it's a cheat of Loremaster's.
So, it's practically both, if listed with finality, then?