Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Learning new spells automatically?!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 31, 2013
I was doing the dungeon shirataki temple and once i defeated the guy who gave me the key to open the gate i automatically earned the samoorai spell. This has never happened to me until now. Do defeating bosses give you actual cards or is it a bug. (It is not a treasure card... it is an actual card that i can add to my deck) plz help me i am very confused.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Some bosses do have a chance of dropping actual cards, although the chance is very low. You got really lucky, and there are going to be very jealous people here very soon.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2012
some bosses drop perm cards in which you can use no matter what

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Congratulations on obtaining the Samoorai Spell!
Not every boss drops spells in Wizard 101; but there are three that do:

Shoji
Zaneki
Loremaster

And here's the 14 spells shown below, players can craft, obtain from card packs, or receive as a spell drop:

Goat MonkSamooraiNinja Pigs Brimstone Revenant Keeper of the Flame Krampus Luminous Weaver Catalan Deer Knight Handsome Fomori Lord of Night Loremaster Savage Paw Winter Moon This should clear up the mystery of how you learned the Samoorai spell.

*** Spell drops from fighting bosses are completely random
You might obtain one the very first time you fight a particular boss, or it might take a lot longer!
So the greater your desire to obtain a spell, allows you to either craft or farm spells accordingly.

Just remember to have fun along the way, and happy spell hunting!

Survivor
Jan 11, 2011
You said that Shoji Zaneki and Loremaster only drop spells... Does this mean that Koto don't drop ninja pigs anymore?

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
The ninja pigs spell is dropped either by Koto or Loremaster

You can also craft this spell, after you buy the recipe from
Master Yan Kan Kook
Cost: 60,000 Gold
Crafting Rank Required: Legendary Artisan
Crafting Station Required: Card Crafting Station