Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Astral spells?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
Hi I am a level 56 and I was wondering which astral spells should i get? I do not want to focus moon spells because i don't really see the point in them, but i am stuck between which spells i should get in the sun, and star schools. Just wondering thanks!

Survivor
Apr 09, 2011
Get all the buffs 100%
Get Amplify and maybe Fortify if you feel you don't have enough resistance.
Other than that don't get any Mutates or Transforms it's just waste of training points.

Happy Questing!

~Try everything more than once~
Angel FrostBreeze
Level 83 Knight of the Silver Rose

Explorer
Feb 23, 2015
Strong to Colossal for Sun spells if you have 80% or higher accuracy.

Keen Eyes to Extraordinary for Sun spells if you have low accuracy and experience a high fizzle rate.

I picked up Fortify and Amplify for Star Spells. These are popular picks and even though they are not as powerful as the star spell you will get at level 86, they do help a lot in questing, instances, and PvP.

Cat Bandit is a decent storm polymorph from the moon school, but I don't personally train in moon spells either.

Delver
Jun 29, 2011
Luke NightSpear on Apr 6, 2015 wrote:
Hi I am a level 56 and I was wondering which astral spells should i get? I do not want to focus moon spells because i don't really see the point in them, but i am stuck between which spells i should get in the sun, and star schools. Just wondering thanks!
I would recommend getting all the Sun damage spells available to you at your level, and the Amplify, Infallible and Vengeance Star spells.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Infallible for Star.

Strong, Giant, Monstrous, and Gargantuan (once you hit 58) for Sun.

Since you can't stack the accuracy buffs with the damage buffs, I personally found using Infallible with damage buffs worked better than using Amplify with accuracy buffs. Infallible became even better when they added Armor Piercing.

But that's just one strategy. I found doing it that way made my attacks a little more well balanced. Before I developed that strategy, I just used Amplify and damage buffs trying to get the hardest hit... and would curse every time I fizzled.

I still fizzled at times using Infallible, but not near as much.