Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is it worth getting the keeper of the flame card?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
Hi I am a level 56 and i was wondering is it really worth getting the keeper of the flame card? Especially with all the damage over time and and two hit spells. Just wondering thanks!

Survivor
Apr 09, 2011
Well to simply put it no.
It needs a lot of ingredients and it doesn't pay of so good better go hard questing and get that Medusa bro.

Happy Questing!

~Try everything more than once~
Angel FrostBreeze
Level 83 Knight of the Silver Rose

Survivor
May 16, 2009
I would say go for Ninja Pigs first, much more useful. High damage per pip, good single hit burst damage, and fun animation. If you already have it, and you have the reagents for Keeper of the Flame, I would say go for it. It's pretty nice for the trap (which can be enchanted).
Ultimately as most would say, it's up to you. But if you have nothing else to craft, go for it.
Fred Mythslinger - 100

Delver
Jun 29, 2011
Luke NightSpear on Apr 6, 2015 wrote:
Hi I am a level 56 and i was wondering is it really worth getting the keeper of the flame card? Especially with all the damage over time and and two hit spells. Just wondering thanks!
In my opinion, any school spell you can get through either farming or crafting is worth getting. Keeper of the Flame is a lot easier to craft since the Loremaster came along, and it's a nice follow-up attack to Basilisk or King Artorius.

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
It isn't that worth it because it is weakish, and takes allot of ingredients.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
David EarthShield on Apr 6, 2015 wrote:
I would say go for Ninja Pigs first, much more useful. High damage per pip, good single hit burst damage, and fun animation. If you already have it, and you have the reagents for Keeper of the Flame, I would say go for it. It's pretty nice for the trap (which can be enchanted).
Ultimately as most would say, it's up to you. But if you have nothing else to craft, go for it.
Fred Mythslinger - 100
Yeah but with medusa coming up is ninja pigs truly that good

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
I guess it depends on your definition of worth.

To me it was worth crafting simply because it was a spell card I wanted, and crafting it was something I wanted to do.

I don't use it often, but I have it. It's the low pip one hitter card I have loaded in my deck when I need to make a quick attack.

Delver
Jun 29, 2011
Luke NightSpear on Apr 7, 2015 wrote:
Yeah but with medusa coming up is ninja pigs truly that good
Yes, it is. The damage per pip is about 32 points higher than Medusa and it's very easy to farm Koto for it.

Survivor
Apr 09, 2011
Myth has no low pips focus damage,now i am leveling my 68 and i am going for the ninja pigs rather than keeper it's much more worth and since i trained faint and alot of traps the Basilisk isn't even that usefull so for bosses i use medusa and spamm ninja pigs with a blade and trap it's like 2.500 damage pretty good.
So i would say yes only to the ninja pigs not the keeper.

~Try everything more than once~
Angel FrostBreeze
Level 83 Knight of the Silver Rose

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Ninja Pigs is a great spell with huge potential damage but its drawback is lower accuracy. Keeper is a weak alternative but it's a pip cheaper to cast and has higher accuracy. I've been farming the Loremaster for Keeper for about two months with no luck yet. I got Ninja Pigs after three tries from Koto in Mooshu. I would just like to have a single hit four pip Myth spell. Frog is great but being a hit-all spell you can ruin trap set ups so in some cases it just isn't appropriate. I don't know that I'd waste the resources to craft Keeper but I certainly wouldn't mind getting it as a drop.

Explorer
Oct 23, 2011
Errol Everhart on Apr 7, 2015 wrote:
Yes, it is. The damage per pip is about 32 points higher than Medusa and it's very easy to farm Koto for it.
Medusa stuns for 2 rounds.

I dont think Keeper of the flame is worth the hours you'll work to craft it.

Delver
Jun 29, 2011
Alex watersinger on Apr 9, 2015 wrote:
Medusa stuns for 2 rounds.

I dont think Keeper of the flame is worth the hours you'll work to craft it.
Yes, I know Medusa stuns for 2 rounds. My message was stating that Ninja Pigs does more damage per pip than Medusa, making it a valuable spell to have.

Since the Loremaster is farmed by many players who sell the dropped TC, crafting Keeper of the Flame is much easier than it used to be. And gardening for the amber takes patience, but it's not difficult.

You're entitled to your opinion, but I think any spell you can obtain without using a training point is worth getting.

Wolf Windrider
Exalted

Defender
Feb 08, 2009
I would farm Koto in Mooshu for the Ninja Pigs spell. (I did it on my level 56 myth and it took me about 20-30 runs to get) usually it takes around 50 though.

Explorer
Oct 23, 2011
Errol Everhart on Apr 9, 2015 wrote:
Yes, I know Medusa stuns for 2 rounds. My message was stating that Ninja Pigs does more damage per pip than Medusa, making it a valuable spell to have.

Since the Loremaster is farmed by many players who sell the dropped TC, crafting Keeper of the Flame is much easier than it used to be. And gardening for the amber takes patience, but it's not difficult.

You're entitled to your opinion, but I think any spell you can obtain without using a training point is worth getting.

Wolf Windrider
Exalted
You can not compare the dpp of Medusa with the one of ninja pig :-\ As you know, Ninja pig ain't got a second effect while Medusa does.

Delver
Jun 29, 2011
Alex watersinger on Jun 8, 2015 wrote:
You can not compare the dpp of Medusa with the one of ninja pig :-\ As you know, Ninja pig ain't got a second effect while Medusa does.
Since many experienced players who participate in PvP often use some form of stun protection against Conjurers, I think the difference in DPP between Ninja Pigs and Medusa can and very well should be compared. In these days of "Hit 'em fast & Hit 'em hard" PvP, Ninja Pigs is an awesome lower pip spell that all Conjurers should have.

But to keep this message relevant to the OP...

In addition to being a really cool preliminary and/or follow-up attack, Keeper of the Flame can also be enchanted with Potent Trap, which makes it even more worth getting.

Wolf Windrider
Keepin' it imaginary

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
David EarthShield on Apr 6, 2015 wrote:
Fred Mythslinger - 100
You brought up animation. Keeper of the Flame has a much cooler animation than Ninja Pigs.

David Thundermancer 56

Explorer
Oct 23, 2011
Errol Everhart on Jun 8, 2015 wrote:
Since many experienced players who participate in PvP often use some form of stun protection against Conjurers, I think the difference in DPP between Ninja Pigs and Medusa can and very well should be compared. In these days of "Hit 'em fast & Hit 'em hard" PvP, Ninja Pigs is an awesome lower pip spell that all Conjurers should have.

But to keep this message relevant to the OP...

In addition to being a really cool preliminary and/or follow-up attack, Keeper of the Flame can also be enchanted with Potent Trap, which makes it even more worth getting.

Wolf Windrider
Keepin' it imaginary
I disagree. Myth is the rarest school at exalted and the current meta is very offensive. I think someone will prefer to shield when a ffa could do 3000 with no blades than to stun block. And however the player plays, Ninija pig's dpp Is NOT comparable to medusa's one. The 2 round stun is very useful.

Delver
Jun 29, 2011
Alex watersinger on Jun 10, 2015 wrote:
I disagree. Myth is the rarest school at exalted and the current meta is very offensive. I think someone will prefer to shield when a ffa could do 3000 with no blades than to stun block. And however the player plays, Ninija pig's dpp Is NOT comparable to medusa's one. The 2 round stun is very useful.
I didn't say anything about casting stun block... I mentioned stun protection, which an opponent's gear may already supply. So in my opinion, the damage per pip comparison between Ninja Pigs and Medusa remains relevant. And with maximum pips, three Ninja Pigs in a row will do more damage than two Medusa, which may or may not stun.

I'm not saying Nina Pigs is better, but it's more effective than Medusa to "Hit 'em fast & Hit 'em hard". I think every Conjurer should strive to get Ninja Pigs and Keeper of the Flame, because they can only enhance your Myth spell arsenal, and can be obtained without using training points.

Wolf Windrider

Explorer
Oct 23, 2011
Errol Everhart on Jun 10, 2015 wrote:
I didn't say anything about casting stun block... I mentioned stun protection, which an opponent's gear may already supply. So in my opinion, the damage per pip comparison between Ninja Pigs and Medusa remains relevant. And with maximum pips, three Ninja Pigs in a row will do more damage than two Medusa, which may or may not stun.

I'm not saying Nina Pigs is better, but it's more effective than Medusa to "Hit 'em fast & Hit 'em hard". I think every Conjurer should strive to get Ninja Pigs and Keeper of the Flame, because they can only enhance your Myth spell arsenal, and can be obtained without using training points.

Wolf Windrider
If you want to deal a big amount of damage, you medusa, feint then cast another attack. The stuns will make that your opponents can't shield or heal. If you ninja pig spam, the opponent can attack, heal and shield. No good opponent will let himself get hit, hit and hit again.

Delver
Jun 29, 2011
Alex watersinger on Jun 11, 2015 wrote:
If you want to deal a big amount of damage, you medusa, feint then cast another attack. The stuns will make that your opponents can't shield or heal. If you ninja pig spam, the opponent can attack, heal and shield. No good opponent will let himself get hit, hit and hit again.
A Shrike spell will take care of shields, but we weren't discussing strategy here. We were comparing the damage per pip difference between Ninja Pigs and Medusa. Regardless of strategy and secondary effects, Ninja Pigs gives you more bang for your buck, plain and simple. Do you have Ninja Pigs trained? If not, then you have no experience with it and this discussion needs to end.

Wolf Windrider

Explorer
Oct 23, 2011
Errol Everhart on Jun 11, 2015 wrote:
A Shrike spell will take care of shields, but we weren't discussing strategy here. We were comparing the damage per pip difference between Ninja Pigs and Medusa. Regardless of strategy and secondary effects, Ninja Pigs gives you more bang for your buck, plain and simple. Do you have Ninja Pigs trained? If not, then you have no experience with it and this discussion needs to end.

Wolf Windrider
I trained Ninja Pig. With the new enhanced spell,Ninja Pig is a piece of trash while medusa can be very useful. I don't think you did exalted PvP.

Delver
Jun 29, 2011
Alex watersinger on Jun 12, 2015 wrote:
I trained Ninja Pig. With the new enhanced spell,Ninja Pig is a piece of trash while medusa can be very useful. I don't think you did exalted PvP.
I have done exalted PvP, and I don't think you have the Ninja Pigs spell trained. Only someone who doesn't would call it a piece of trash. And since you've obviously lost the point of this discussion, I'll not be posting here again.

Good luck using Medusa the next time you face a Mana Burn spamming Balance wizard, and have a nice day.

Wolf Windrider

Explorer
Oct 23, 2011
Errol Everhart on Jun 12, 2015 wrote:
I have done exalted PvP, and I don't think you have the Ninja Pigs spell trained. Only someone who doesn't would call it a piece of trash. And since you've obviously lost the point of this discussion, I'll not be posting here again.

Good luck using Medusa the next time you face a Mana Burn spamming Balance wizard, and have a nice day.

Wolf Windrider
Eh yea this discussion is pointless. Not everyone has the same opinion about Ninja Pig. And yes, I do have Ninja pig.
You too, have fun on doing level 30 myth PvP.