Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

help an old wizard out

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jan 25, 2015
So I been playing wizard101 for about 2 years now ( the game has changed a lot sense then ) its not that long ago cause some of you have been here for 5 years but anyways the point of this is for help. Before my account wast stolen I used to have a lot of pets with good talents ( I don't care about my old account anymore though ) and right now I'm back to level 48 on the rebirth quest and i'm going to get the satyr pet along with It. It has some selfish talents that I don't want like intuitive but my point is.... what do I train to get the healing talent it has. I think that what ever you get is random but some people have said otherwise and if this is true ( if a pet has a healing talent) what do I train on it ( power, will strength all of that ) to get the "spritely"? and if It's random then what are ways that I can make it so it would most likely get sprite?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
nick the wiz on Apr 3, 2015 wrote:
So I been playing wizard101 for about 2 years now ( the game has changed a lot sense then ) its not that long ago cause some of you have been here for 5 years but anyways the point of this is for help. Before my account wast stolen I used to have a lot of pets with good talents ( I don't care about my old account anymore though ) and right now I'm back to level 48 on the rebirth quest and i'm going to get the satyr pet along with It. It has some selfish talents that I don't want like intuitive but my point is.... what do I train to get the healing talent it has. I think that what ever you get is random but some people have said otherwise and if this is true ( if a pet has a healing talent) what do I train on it ( power, will strength all of that ) to get the "spritely"? and if It's random then what are ways that I can make it so it would most likely get sprite?

There is nothing you can do, feeding, training, etc., that will make one talent appear. Talents are given at hatching and it's purely random as to what talents you will actually get on your pet.
My Satyr never got Spritely (trained to epic and gave up), and now dances his little heart out in my Life house.
You can try hatching with a pet that has spritely, but again, there is no guarantee.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
It's random. There's nothing at all that you can do to influence anything after it hatches. Train it to adult then hatch with a pet that has talents you want. Maybe cross it with the best pet from your old account?

Explorer
Sep 05, 2009
Talents are decided upon creation of the egg. Nothing can change what you get.

Delver
Jun 29, 2011

All first generation pet talents are randomly selected from the pool of talents inherent to that particular pet. They are determined randomly when the egg hatches, and the snacks you feed it during training have no bearing on which talents will manifest. The only way to customize a pet is to hatch it with another pet that has the talents you want.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there's no way to guarantee you're going to get a talent. They're predetermined at hatch. The only way you can get what you want is through hatching with pets that have already manifested the talent you want and even then there's no guarantee. It might take several hatchings to finally get it even though it's shown as a possible talent. I won't go into detail as to how to go about this... there are tutorials available (see Wizard101 Central) that will be a lot more informative than I could possibly be but the bottom line is you just have to be patient and be willing to invest a lot of training time. Then again you might get lucky and get it with the first hatch.
Good luck!

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010

All talents are predetermined at baby regardless how you train it. Satyr 1st gen cannot get any may cast heals as it isn't in it's talent pool, HOWEVER you can hatch with something with spritely/may cast unicorn/may cast fairy
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Satyr

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
its just random. really. if you dont believe me, test it out for yourself while test realm is up. no matter what snacks or games you use, what you get is randomly chosen when you get the egg. the only thing you can do is raise it to adult and if you don't love it, hatch with a kind friend or stranger who has talents you like. it is all about the hatch. good luck and welcome back
Amber Raven Song

Defender
Jun 29, 2014

The satyr pet gives you random talent weather you train it to will power or whatever like that it will still give you a random talent. Hatch with someone that have a good pet that have this talents:
May cast fairy or spritely
And spell proof
And Spell defy

With a life damage.

If you actually lost your wizards or I mean account you could ask for help just send them an email. But your account will be permantly muted

Survivor
Jul 24, 2014
There isn't really a specific way to train your pet. What I mean is,you never know what talents you'll get.Everyone's pets get their talents at different levels.All I can suggest is,train your Satyr as much as you can and see what happens.Maybe then you will realise that there are also other really cool talents your pet has.Not everyone needs a healing pet

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
Gemma Luna on Apr 3, 2015 wrote:
It's random. There's nothing at all that you can do to influence anything after it hatches. Train it to adult then hatch with a pet that has talents you want. Maybe cross it with the best pet from your old account?
I would but it was taken from me the day that I got it back but I get what your saying I could just hatch with friends