Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mini game Suggestion! - Wizard Chess

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 30, 2010
Hello!
My suggestion for a type of mini game, or an actual game to add within the servers would be Wizard chess!
I think it'd be awesome to be able to play a Wizard chess based game with other people. In return this would also help people with strategy based things within the game. Such as PvP, and worked out plans with cheating bosses and such.
Plus not to mention how well Wizard chess would fit into the game.
And it being related really well into the game, I think it's an pretty awesome idea!

-Henmoro

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Henmoro on Apr 3, 2015 wrote:
Hello!
My suggestion for a type of mini game, or an actual game to add within the servers would be Wizard chess!
I think it'd be awesome to be able to play a Wizard chess based game with other people. In return this would also help people with strategy based things within the game. Such as PvP, and worked out plans with cheating bosses and such.
Plus not to mention how well Wizard chess would fit into the game.
And it being related really well into the game, I think it's an pretty awesome idea!

-Henmoro
As a mini game this could take hours, so not a good idea.
As an addition to the game, as part of a dungeon maybe, this could be pretty cool.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Battle chess could EASILY be implemented. EA did a mythological battle chess back in the 80's with Archon, Star Wars did a battle chess in the movie, Harry Potter had it in the story. As long as we use current spells/monsters, I think it could be EASILY done as a side game

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
Wow, good idea, i made a similar post like this back then. But would it be PvP related or in the storyline? plus if it would be in a dungeon it would have to be a secret boss, so maybe a version in the fairgrounds could be nice, but mostly the idea you say about it being against a boss, it would be better.

Isaac GoldHeart lvl 32

Explorer
Nov 24, 2010
RavenLady777 on Apr 3, 2015 wrote:
As a mini game this could take hours, so not a good idea.
As an addition to the game, as part of a dungeon maybe, this could be pretty cool.
For the idea of Wizard Chess being a minigame, it is a TERRIFIC idea

I see your point in it taking hours, but maybe it could be simplified, like most minigames, or even turned into something nearly as competitive as PvP. Rewards could range from gold, to a special badge for winning many times.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2010
Most of the PvP's nowadays requires you to think, and think several moves ahead, And in actual life, This type of brain works is needed for work and schooling. I feel that if this was added to the game, It would not only help players play the game, Learn to process several steps ahead, But also help in actual life situations. Plus, There are many chess players out there as well.
If you look at how duels are set up, it is in a way like a chess board. having selected cards to play, and having to wait rounds.
With it coming to actual chess, I think that it'd be a cool idea to even have multi player functions. I do think it'd take hours if it was a mini game, So it could always work like Pet PvP, or even Duel PvP.
With it being in Harry potter, And the existence of "Wizard Chess" being around, I do think adding it would be an amazing thing for the game.
Plus, with housing, you also have the chess boards, and pieces, but it isn't exactly playable 1v1.
There is allot of potential for this suggestion! So I hope it's considered.

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
Why Chess? Why not 4 People Chess?

Ok, jokes aside, I think this would be a really good addition. I'm not very good at chess myself . . . but I know how to move your pieces!

We could have this in the Fairegrounds, Player houses, solo and multiplayer options.

Survivor
May 08, 2009
This is a wonderful idea, I am a Chess fanatic also they could create different choices when it comes to what pieces you would like to use such as an undead set or life set, basically a set for each of the schools.

Explorer
Jul 04, 2015
it's been suggested before, with the housing chess/checkers/tic-tac toe, these boards should be playable! :D
we do get a mini-wizard chess event in mount olympus :P

Explorer
Dec 08, 2010
I love this idea! There is a TON of potential, too!

Survivor
Jul 26, 2015