Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Marleybonian street dialect

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Why do members of the O'Leary Gang and other street cats talk like an American (Greaser?) when they are in a place inspired by the United Kingdom? Especially since all the more "civil" characters talk like the stereotypical "proper" Brit?

David ThunderMancer 56, and a citizen of the United States of America.

Explorer
Jul 20, 2014
I'm not really sure, but I think the O'Leary gang are supposed to have New York accents, but I think some of them might be fake, which is why they sound weird. Personally, I rather like it.

Leesha StarForge, level 51

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Historian
Jul 18, 2010
Just stay ALL the way to one side, behind the line (depending on which side your standing. The line will be to the right of your wizard if you are in the left. Line will be to the left if you are on the right.) as for the ramps, again stay ALL ALL ALL the way to the side. You can even try to walk on it if there's an enemy, but I don't recommend you do that with faster mobs such as the clockworks, or if you are inexperienced. Good luck I hope this helped, be patient

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
Stormgem307 on May 31, 2015 wrote:
Just stay ALL the way to one side, behind the line (depending on which side your standing. The line will be to the right of your wizard if you are in the left. Line will be to the left if you are on the right.) as for the ramps, again stay ALL ALL ALL the way to the side. You can even try to walk on it if there's an enemy, but I don't recommend you do that with faster mobs such as the clockworks, or if you are inexperienced. Good luck I hope this helped, be patient
Sorry I clicked the wrong topic!! I meant to post this somewhere else!!

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Stormgem307 on Jun 1, 2015 wrote:
Sorry I clicked the wrong topic!! I meant to post this somewhere else!!
It is funny though, since just looking at the reply, I can discern the general complaint that you were replying to!

Survivor
Oct 07, 2012
I don't see a problem with the different accents. I suppose they wanted to distinguish the O'Leary gang (cats) from the good guys (dogs), so they gave them Brooklyn accents. Personally, MB is one of my favorite worlds to play, so I can overlook something like this. It's way better than George Lucas giving the bad guys in the Star Wars movies stereotypical British accents.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Chanticleer314 on Aug 6, 2015 wrote:
I don't see a problem with the different accents. I suppose they wanted to distinguish the O'Leary gang (cats) from the good guys (dogs), so they gave them Brooklyn accents. Personally, MB is one of my favorite worlds to play, so I can overlook something like this. It's way better than George Lucas giving the bad guys in the Star Wars movies stereotypical British accents.
I guess that makes sense.