Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

cheating bosses

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jan 25, 2015
I think there should be like a warning before you enter a boss dungeon that lets you know hey this boss cheats or like the pig from pigswick academy when fighting the yellow pig that cheats she warned us. something like that

Survivor
Nov 23, 2014
This would help a lot to some extent. But reaching the end of the game you come to notice most bosses end up having some sort of "cheat". Overall it would be a lot more helpful to get more of an idea about what cheats they possess up their sleeves so we don't resort to wiki's.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
nick the wiz on Mar 19, 2015 wrote:
I think there should be like a warning before you enter a boss dungeon that lets you know hey this boss cheats or like the pig from pigswick academy when fighting the yellow pig that cheats she warned us. something like that
I think this is an excellent idea, and one easily implemented. BIG thumbs up!

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
nick the wiz on Mar 19, 2015 wrote:
Decent idea but like Lord of the Night said, the farther you get in the game the more likely you're going to run into a cheating boss. You'd almost have to have a warning like "OK, you can relax, this guy doesn't cheat".
As far as going into detail about the types of cheats a boss might use, eventually you'd end up with page after page on some of the bosses:

"OK, first round this guy interrupts with a zero-pip Ra. Then he summons three level 10 elite minions. Don't trap, feint or prism him because he'll remove it. Oh, and if you blade yourself or anyone else on your team he'll steal it. Plus he has a 60% resist to (insert school here) and casts a -90% Tower on himself every time he takes damage, interrupt included. And every four rounds he casts a Meteor with 900 HP base damage. Oh yeah, and don't heal yourself either because if you do he'll cast a Rebirth with -500 absorbs. One of the minions casts Smokescreen every other round and if you fizzle you get hit with a zero-pip Bone Dragon".

In other words, some of the cheating bosses can be fairly complicated. So much so that even if you do know in advance it's almost impossible to plan for them let alone have the right cards show up at the right times.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
while i have 3 exalted wizards and have come to expect cheats from every boss since level 50 on both main and side content, i'm inclined to agree with ravenlady and the op.

as someone who has limited playing time during 'normal' hours, i would love to know in advance if the boss cheats.

translation: if a friend asks for help with this and i say yes, will i be able to keep my promise?

for example, if someone asks me to run darkmoor late at night, i'll obviously say no. i know that the bosses cheat and that my chances of staying awake long enough to complete the run are slim to none.

but if i'm a new wizard on my first run through khrysalis and a friend asks for help with whiteflame or archmagus lorcan... well, there's no cheat warning on those instances, which will ultimately waste my friend's time (since i won't have time to finish the instance, meaning that i will have to leave and s/he will be forced to start over) and put a strain on the friendship.

in short, i say yes to cheat warnings. they don't have to be detailed, like in tucsonwizard's example; just something along the lines of "this boss cheats, instance will take approximately x hours to complete". that's it, that's all.

-von