Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance-Zaltanna

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 09, 2012
I recently got to Khrysalis and got to the quest where I have to battle Zaltanna the MirrorMask. When I went in, I noticed she was balance. I'm balance also. I tried the battle a few times but I keep dying. I was wondering if anyone had any advice for me for the battle. Thanks.
-Jessica AngleBlossom Lvl: 90

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
JessicaAngleBlosso... on Feb 19, 2015 wrote:
I recently got to Khrysalis and got to the quest where I have to battle Zaltanna the MirrorMask. When I went in, I noticed she was balance. I'm balance also. I tried the battle a few times but I keep dying. I was wondering if anyone had any advice for me for the battle. Thanks.
On this link to one of the fansites, if you login you can do a search for Zaltanna.

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?217-Khrysalis

There are a few posts that might help you. It doesn't cost anything to set up an account on that fansite, in case you didn't sign up yet. And they have all kinds of guides and help on there.

They also have groups of players who volunteer to help with difficult areas like this. Here is a link in case you are interested:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?8-In-Game-Quest-Help-and-Meet-Ups

Survivor
Sep 09, 2012
AluraMist2 on Feb 19, 2015 wrote:
On this link to one of the fansites, if you login you can do a search for Zaltanna.

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?217-Khrysalis

There are a few posts that might help you. It doesn't cost anything to set up an account on that fansite, in case you didn't sign up yet. And they have all kinds of guides and help on there.

They also have groups of players who volunteer to help with difficult areas like this. Here is a link in case you are interested:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?8-In-Game-Quest-Help-and-Meet-Ups
Thanks.

Defender
Mar 28, 2011
JessicaAngleBlosso... on Feb 19, 2015 wrote:
Balance fighting balance so you want to hit with off school damage, or use astral spells like infallible and extraordinary to pierce resist. You might want to kill the minions first because they can do a lot of damage. You can use heal over time from Hands to keep your health up.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
my balance wizard was the first of 3 exalted wizards through khrysalis: for zaltanna, i waited until the storm minions had zero pips, then buffed up and let fly a colossal spectral blast before finishing the minions off with my power nova.

von's boss deck for level 90-100 balance
(tailored for this instance specifically)

buffs

trained/potent hex
trained/potent feint
trained/potent elemental trap
pet elemental trap
trained/sharpened balanceblade
trained/sharpened bladestorm
amulet balanceblade
5 colossal
2 punishment

spells

2 spectral blast (1 trained, 1 pet card)
1 power nova
1 ra
1 lernaean hydra (pet card)

misc:

2 stun block
4 availing hands
3 reshuffle

sideboard:

cleanse charm
shatter
tower shield

the minions are storm, so they won't let you keep your blades up for very long. i lost a few, but was still able to stack relatively quickly. start healing as soon as your health drops to less than half, and remember to pack light, so that the cards you need are available when you need them.

good luck!

-von
exalted

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Balance bosses are always such a chore, and having double minions to deal with is even worse.

Dr Von and others covered the deck setup fairly well. Just some general strategy for the double minion solo battle:

1. The solo instances with 2-3 minions and 1 boss are meant to be difficult.
  2. These instances are best treated as 2 battles in one. Sweep the minions, heal/shuffle, then set up and defeat the boss.
  3. A small deck is key to finding the cards you need for each part of the two-part battle. Use reshuffle if you need to - in fact, might want to have 2 in deck.
  4. Zaltanna doesn't cheat if her minions are gone. Keep sanding and ra-ing until they are. You don't care how little damage you do to the boss.
  5. Manage your pips. Your boss kill is going to be spec, chimera, or a combination of these. If you have spec up, use any white pips for an element blade. If you have chimera up, consider using a single tc lifeblade so you will have that white pip later.
  6. Draw a blade, nothing better to do? Store it on your forehead while you dig for feints, heals, or auras. She won't take it off.

Survivor
Jan 16, 2012
personally, i feel that the two painted spider minions should be removed and it should just be a 1v1 with you and zaltanna.
it would then be a whole lot easier for wizards, like myself, who dont have good gear. i am embarrassed to say that i have been stuck on zaltanna for over a half of a year. please kingsisle, take the painted spider minions out of the boss battle with zaltanna the mirrormasksee you in the spiral

Survivor
Dec 03, 2010
iliketurtles307 on Jun 19, 2015 wrote:
personally, i feel that the two painted spider minions should be removed and it should just be a 1v1 with you and zaltanna.
it would then be a whole lot easier for wizards, like myself, who dont have good gear. i am embarrassed to say that i have been stuck on zaltanna for over a half of a year. please kingsisle, take the painted spider minions out of the boss battle with zaltanna the mirrormasksee you in the spiral
If you're <still> having issues with the spiders, I recommend go in the room leave a port right when you enter. ike on said, focus only on the spiders the first "battle" and then let Zaltanna kill you, when she does you're sent straight back to the bastion. Use a potion and use your port and when you get there since you've already squished the spiders Zaltanna will be standing there all alone <story of my life tbh> then you may duke it out with her one on one, as for balance, What I did was I used 3 feints (One normal, one from a feint, and a TC feint) and hex, I also put in Spirit Blades and Balance Blades (Of course :P) and after 1-2 Chimeras she was put in her place, If you need it then also put in like 1-2 spectral blasts just for extra damage, then you're home free

Survivor
Jan 19, 2013
Okay every one always needs help on her. But I have a good Idea your balance so you should buy lvl 100 henchmen, one lvl 100 and a lvl 100 fire henchmen.I had trouble too because I hate soloing, hope this helps you!

Shannon summer song

Death
Level: 100
Realm:Wu

Survivor
Jul 12, 2014
Please can you help me with Zaltanna I am level 91 wizard and I can't kill her can you please help i'm getting really frustrated with her I try several options I try tower shields my regular boss deck and nothing works they keep getting a critical on me and I keep restarting any tips?