Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How does ignore work

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 29, 2014
I found the one topic about how ignore works, but it was older and locked so I couldn't ask a follow up clarifying question. I understand when I ignore someone, they can't communicate with me. I just want to know if it includes menu chat.

I was in a situation where I was able to chat with a new friend wizard before I even made them a friend, so it took me some time to realize that they appeared as menu chat to another wizard friend.

I don't understand why that would be unless ignore still allows communication via menu chat. Neither gave any indication they knew each other and seemed fine working together with me in battles.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2014
It is kind of messed up to be honest. I have friends on my list who I don't want to talk to all the time, or who can just be a bit chatty at bad moments. I would love to just temporarily ignore these wizards but doing so kicks them off your friend list. A mute option that politely told these wizards you do not wish to be disturbed would be awesome.

Delver
Jun 29, 2011
Scribble Scribe on Feb 18, 2015 wrote:
It is kind of messed up to be honest. I have friends on my list who I don't want to talk to all the time, or who can just be a bit chatty at bad moments. I would love to just temporarily ignore these wizards but doing so kicks them off your friend list. A mute option that politely told these wizards you do not wish to be disturbed would be awesome.
Or, you could just use the Hidden from Friends option for a while.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2014
I use the hidden from friends option, but I don't necessarily want to hide from every friend on my list. The only way around such a situation I have found is to group with the friends you want to talk to first and then go hidden. However, that cuts me off from a huge portion of my list and seems an unnecessary extreme.